Price to fit some gutter trays

AdamD

Similar to this https://www.screwfix.com/p/felt-support-tray-5-pack/36622?tc=PB4&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpKHIsY6TggMVaI1QBh3EdQE4EAQYASABEgLO7_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Guttering is a tad lower than the roof tiles on one side of the back of the house, nothing major but enough to create a gap which results in leakage during rainfall. I’d estimate it’s 2-3m worth needed. Just getting some quotes and wondering what you think is reasonable. I’m in the south west, would assume it’s a 2 hour job and £30-40 of materials so much more than £150 feels high? However I appreciate it’s a small job so will feel more expensive on an hourly basis.

2 minutes ago, dpmiller said:

if it's so easy why haven't you done it yourself?

Where did I say it was easy for a layman? For a pro it is a very easy job. And that isn’t me saying that, all 3 people I had to quote said it’s an easy job.

Edited by AdamD

28 minutes ago, AdamD said:

Around £150 an hour excluding materials, seriously?

Yes, travelling, tool purchase, van costs etc etc being self employed has other costs. Plus to fit gutter trays require lifting/removing tiles/slates then re insisting them as well 🤷‍♂️

Edited by joe90

2 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Yes, travelling, tool purchase, van costs etc etc being self employed has other costs 

I get all that but you’re not buying new tools for every job. I’m an accountant, I understand how fixed asset purchases, income and expenses work.

anyway, I’m not here for an argument I simply came for advice. So far around £500 has been mooted, which I find excessive. Interested to hear other views.

17 hours ago, Mr Punter said:

Yes and if I did it DIY it would take me half a day and I would need fresh underwear if I was working off a ladder.

Haha absolutely, and working off a ladder is what they did. Seems to have done the trick and a fair price so all is well.

• Like 2