simple (non-opening) triple glazed roof lights – who would you recommend?

Chris HB

I’m thinking of adding two (or maybe four?) triple-glazed roof lights to my small building refurbishment. Nothing fancy or large, maybe 600mm x 900mm in size. It’s a small space (32msq) in the Outer Hebrides, so solar gain would probably be a benefit 🤣

I want them to finish flush to the pitched roof (not stand proud or be protruding) to avoid wind noise. They don’t need to be opening, as it's a single-volume space with lower windows.

I know Velux have a widely recognisable brand name, but are they the best company/windows to use, or are there other companies I should also be considering?

Velux are the popular choice for a reason. They’re simple to fit and do the job! Just like Eclisse with pocket doors. Personally I wouldn’t use any other

but I’m no expert and haven’t even finished my build yet. 😂

• Like 1

Velux here. My understanding is they can’t fit flush and need a minimum upstand. If they were flush wouldn’t rain run down the roof and across the window? 

Ours  are opening and fiited on a standing seam roof so it might be different for fixed rooflights on a different roof. Ours are fitted direct to the roof deck and the frame provides the upstand which is 90mm. There’s a flashing around it and another over this so the rain runs down and around the window. 

• Like 1