Comfoair Q450 - Enthalpy Heat Exchanger Free to a good home

Hello,

I have a spare Zehnder Comfoair Q450 Enthalpy Heat Exchanger as it doesn't work for our MVHR up in Scotland.

Would anyone have a use for it? The only cost would be for delivery. It is in its original box from the Green Building Store.

I am offering the Enthalpy heat exchanger only so you will need a Zehnder Comfoair Q450 to use this.

Edited by Nickfromwales

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am considering a Zehnder Q450 and was wondering whether to go for normal vs enthalpy exchanger. I am located in the Highlands of Scotland.

My limited research shows that the decision is a trade-off between efficiency vs maintaining more optimal humidity in colder / dryer climates.

Ideally I would go down the normal route given higher efficiency but wondering if anyone has issues with too low a level of interior humidity in colder parts of the UK.

I can imagine real issues in places like Scandinavia where absolute humidity at temps of -20 may be super low, but wondering if a more typical Scottish winter temp of 0-5 degrees merits an enthalpy exchanger?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Grimaldi said:

I am considering a Zehnder Q450 and was wondering whether to go for normal vs enthalpy exchanger. I am located in the Highlands of Scotland.

My limited research shows that the decision is a trade-off between efficiency vs maintaining more optimal humidity in colder / dryer climates.

Ideally I would go down the normal route given higher efficiency but wondering if anyone has issues with too low a level of interior humidity in colder parts of the UK.

I can imagine real issues in places like Scandinavia where absolute humidity at temps of -20 may be super low, but wondering if a more typical Scottish winter temp of 0-5 degrees merits an enthalpy exchanger?

Thanks

If you have a PHPP model, this will actually estimate interior humidty with both options.

This is what ours says for 305m2 TFA house in south-east with 4 occupants and Q600. We went for ERV based on this and no complaints.

ERV: 

image.thumb.png.707c669aede9b4b3c073190d34eef290.png

HRV: 

image.thumb.png.e60d7e4814a33ab8c23d606a78cfe2e6.png

(If i plug-in Scottish Highlands, these numbes don't change.)