Commissioning MVHR

18 hours ago, Ambaz79 said:

Hello

I have the MVHR all installed and now just need to set the flow rate for each room.  I'm sure I have seen there is a Anemomitor available to borrow if I leave a deposit.  Please can someone point me on how to get this organised? 

Yes, follow the link @Bonner posted above and I'll add you to the list.

It's been stuck with someone for a while but I've sent a reminder this morning.

51 minutes ago, Vas said:

@jack I am in process of installing of MVHR on my house as well? can I have the link so I can be added to the list? as above it says I do not have permissions to see it. Thanks!

Hi Vas (and welcome to BuildhHub).

The link becomes available after you have a certain number of posts (10, I think?) and it isn't possible to access it before then.

There's short queue of people for the tester in front of you, so it'll probably be a few weeks from now before it's available.

If you work on getting the required number of posts in the meantime, I'll add your name to the queue now so you keep your place.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/10/2023 at 12:09, Hastings said:

Be aware that a UKAS calibration certificate (less than 12 months old) might be asked for if you are being inspected by building control.

Definitely worth checking with your BCO before relying on this unit, although I haven't heard of any of the nearly 30 people who've used our uncalibrated unit having had an issue with building control.

The requirement for a recent calibration certificate is in the 'Domestic Ventilation Compliance Guide' along with a commissioning procedure checklist. I based my own commissioning report on this in because I couldn't risk the additional cost implications of a rejection. I will never know if the BCO ever looked at my DIY report (see attachment).

The hire of the calibrated (and on an approved list of models) anemometer was £150 including shipping both ways, still leaving me a saving of about £650 over the best quote I could get for having someone else do it for me.

MVHR-commissioning-blank.xlsx

Edited by Hastings
Added attachment

I'm part way through installing an MVHR system.

I've seen pretty cheap anemometers for sale and was going to use one to set everything up.

Are they not up to the job?

(I'm not having a BC inspection)

On 19/03/2024 at 11:01, jack said:

Definitely worth checking with your BCO before relying on this unit, although I haven't heard of any of the nearly 30 people who've used our uncalibrated unit having had an issue with building control.

My BCO would not budge and had to rent a calibrated unit from Sun Rentals. The BCO then accepted my own report but this was an unusual case compared to most on the forum.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JamesP said:

My BCO would not budge and had to rent a calibrated unit from Sun Rentals. The BCO then accepted my own report but this was an unusual case compared to most on the forum.

Our BCO actually accepted the original design document. I did the measurements just to satisfy myself that the as-installed settings were about right.