Shall I buy Lithium AAA batteries for my smart tec?

I understand that Energizer Lithium batteries last 40% to 50% longer than their top range Energizer alkaline batteries and wondered whether anybody had real world experience of lithium AAA? At three times the cost, I am not considering using them for most of my needs, but there is one tado thermostat which unlike the others I have is in an awkward location to change.

Anyone have real world experience of Lithium AAA?

Edited by Adsibob

4 hours ago, JohnMo said:

I have just been changing batteries, so of interest. Are they rechargeable

They are not. I’m not sure I fully understand the benefit of rechargeable batteries, vs taking disposable ones to a battery recycling centre. But this may be because I be used to use rechargeable batteries a lot in the 1990s and didn’t think they were very good. Have things improved considerably since then?

14 hours ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

Rechargeable batteries are 1.2V vs 1.5V for non rechargeable, and some things won’t take them, Tado kit is one such thing, none of their stuff accepts it

Majority of modern stuff stops working. Wasted a fortune on rechargable batteries for kids toys, they die after a few mins as the voltage drops. Seems only likes of remote controls and keyboard / mouse are the only things in our house that work with rechargeables. Back to disposable batteries for most stuff unfortunately.