Egger protect or cabershield?

CalvinHobbes

Hiya, so joists are going in next week, joiner said to use cabershield. I have been ringing around local suppliers to see whats available given the short timespan, I think we can get both cabershield and egger, getting told its 'similar' by the merchants. Is it? Also should we cover it with plastic anyway for added protection? The fecking rain would break your heart.

As for tradies not turning up, don't talk to me.

If it's going to be exposed I've used egger protect. And it was fantastic. 

You need to glue all edges, and use egger glue, it has some colour / additive in it, so if you need to claim against defects they can ensure you used the correct glue. It's more expensive but IMO a great product.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BadgerBadger said:

I think Cabershield is rated for 42 days exposure and Egger Protect is 60 days.  So we went Egger Protect.  We ended up going well beyond 60 days, but all edges/screw holes were sealed and it stood up really well so no issues.

Impressive thanks

We used Cabershield with their recommended glue and protected all the exposed edges - with the same glue, think we went a little beyond 42 days in places with no ill effects although to be fair we covered it in DPC plastic to keep the worst of the weather off.

• Like 2

We used egger protect, with their glue [Foaming, Similar to Gorilla Glue, and surprisingly cheaper !!]

Just looked at the photos, and we were 2 months between fitting and having the roof on, with no problems.  

• Like 1