Failed tap feeds

Pocster

Really surprised at this .

Less than 2 yrs old ( temporary kitchen ) . Cheap tap admittedly from eBay - but it looks like it has ‘rotted’ apart . Tails are under no strain - nothing has caught them to damage them either .

Wondered what the wet patch on the floor was 🙄

IMG_8204.jpeg

Very odd, any chance it/they have been rubbing on something or each other? Seen loads degrade but for the braid to go like that looks like mechanical damage or rats, but they rarely chew stainless

1 minute ago, markc said:

Very odd, any chance it/they have been rubbing on something or each other? Seen loads degrade but for the braid to go like that looks like mechanical damage or rats, but they rarely chew stainless

Nope . Another photo to show context . No rats ( I hope ) - nothing nearby to rub / scratch it .

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, markc said:

High water pressure? Or water hammer? Is this straight from income or after a pressure relief valve?

Straight - it tee’s before that though for washing machine / dishwasher . Could those activating cause hammer / strain on it ??

Just now, Conor said:

I bet the pipe was kinked / pinched at some point before install and the water pressure has gradually pushed through the weakened points.

I installed it so there’s zero chance of that amateur error 🙄

• Haha 1

Before fitting PRV or expansion vessel, fit the new tails (without kinks) and then hold onto the tail (this is going to go wrong) while the dishwasher or washing machine is filling, if the tail jumps then we are on the right lines.

27 minutes ago, markc said:

Before fitting PRV or expansion vessel, fit the new tails (without kinks) and then hold onto the tail (this is going to go wrong) while the dishwasher or washing machine is filling, if the tail jumps then we are on the right lines.

Ok . Will try later when SWMBO is here . Then when it does go wrong I can blame you 😁

• Haha 1