Gluing OSB to OSB

eandg

I'm planning on constructing a climbing wall like this in a bedroom:

image.png.aa52274911008fbd66bcdf353f11333b.png 

From what I read online 18mm OSB/ply should be used. I have an excess of 9mm OSB - would it be wise to sandwich two cut sheets together (using PinkGrip or an adhesive) or should I just get some 18mm sheets?

If you are going to do this a structural adhesive, Phenol-Resorcinol Formaldehyde Resin, is the stuff. I have used PU adhesive and this is good enough to create a bond stronger than that within the OSB itself.  I assume that wall will be inside so not subject to weather, outside you are going to struggle with OSB almost no matter how you coat it. 

I wouldn’t use OSB due to splinters as the surface wears and chips, front face of ply should have grain horizontal to reduce chance of splinters causing injury.

12mm ply is more than sufficient, I’ve seen commercial climbing walls build with 10mm on a 400mm grid frame. In real terms the loads on climbing walls is very low, especially in a child’s bedroom

The osb shavings are layered to make the board and can pull straight off. If you glued 2 together perfectly it would become a thick sheet of osb but could still rip apart.

I would absolutely only use plywood  and would also want all those holds screwed into stud behind the wall. OR thick plywood screwed to the studs, then fix the holds to the board according to the  manufacturer's instructions, which I would guess is with particular screws.