Electric Tariff

LSB

6 minutes ago, LSB said:

Will I be able to get an Octopus account that quickly

Yes, I was moved over in 4 days, still going through the change over process but am on Octopus, while the full transfer takes place which will take about 6 weeks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/07/2023 at 19:45, joe90 said:

I have been with Octopus for my last house and this one and can’t fault them for customer service and reasonable prices, if you want to change to them I can give you a referral and get £50 off your first bill. 👍 (And they only buy green energy).

Hi, please give me a referral, hope you get something for it as well.

I've just spoken to Octopus and I have to ring back in 2 weeks as my fixed rate finishes at the end of August.

But, they say that they don't promote their fixed rate and would rather clients signed up with the variable rate.

They also say that I can only use a referral by signing up online, yet it won't let me sign up online so that's pretty unfair.

Do others have fixed rate and if so what term, or are Octopus correct and genuinely looking after the customer as rates may reduce so variable is better.

I like having my payments fixed for budgeting.

4 minutes ago, LSB said:

yet it won't let me sign up online so that's pretty unfair.

Yes, is that because you want fixed rate or 3 phase?. I am on a variable rate and read my own meter, I like to pay fir what I use and not let someone else bank my savings during the summer 🤷‍♂️. Could you sign up online then change?

20 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Yes, is that because you want fixed rate or 3 phase?. I am on a variable rate and read my own meter, I like to pay fir what I use and not let someone else bank my savings during the summer 🤷‍♂️. Could you sign up online then change?

the only meter it will allow me to select online is economy 7

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, LSB said:

the only meter it will allow me to select online is economy 7

Oh that’s not right, speak to them I always found them helpful (and they answer their phones fairly quickly).

Just had Octopus answer my email in just five minutes :) I asked if the invoice they sent me was a negative or positive balance as it did not have either a + or  - attached to it. Pleased to hear straight back that it is a positive balance :)