Amending planning from Reno to rebuild

LiamJones

How would one go about changing a planning application yet to be determined from a Reno to a demolish and rebuild.

Would you wait for the current plans to be approved, then make a new app?

Would the answer be any different if the design was identical? 

I’m worried it’s going to take a load more time!

may be worth letting the current application carry on, if the design is close to what the rebuild will be it will then be hard to refuse your full application if the reno is approved.

I'd wait until it completes then bang in full plans. You will need a lot more paperwork SAP calcs etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, joe90 said:

Personally I would go full plans, I don’t like building notice, I always want to know from the start what has been agreed so no arguments half way through the build.

Ah sorry, I’ve got my wires crossed. I was talking about planning permission as a householder app rather than full planning. 

Building Control id go full plans regardless, it’s actually cheaper in my area than notice.

>>>

<<<

You might ask your LPA informally - they may accept as a non-material change once the original is approved. Also the answer might change if they think they might approve or refuse the original application. Planning approval is really about the eternal look and feel, size, style etc so if the rebuild is going to look the same as the renovation then pretty much the same plans will be involved. You don't say how much longer you expect it to take for your original application to get a result - that would be an important factor, of course.

If you're 100% decided to do the rebuild and you only just submitted the original application, then you might as well submit a new application in parallel. They run independently - at least in principle.

2 hours ago, LiamJones said:

Ah sorry, I’ve got my wires crossed. I was talking about planning permission as a householder app rather than full planning. 

Building Control id go full plans regardless, it’s actually cheaper in my area than notice.

it wont be cheaper as you have to pay someone to produce the drawing pack. Plancheck for us is a minimum of 6 weeks to turn around by LA building control so went with warrent instead. 

4 hours ago, Alan Ambrose said:

>>>

<<<

You might ask your LPA informally - they may accept as a non-material change once the original is approved. Also the answer might change if they think they might approve or refuse the original application. Planning approval is really about the eternal look and feel, size, style etc so if the rebuild is going to look the same as the renovation then pretty much the same plans will be involved. You don't say how much longer you expect it to take for your original application to get a result - that would be an important factor, of course.

If you're 100% decided to do the rebuild and you only just submitted the original application, then you might as well submit a new application in parallel. They run independently - at least in principle.

A re-build requires a Full application. There is also a different and increased fee along with many different policies.

7 hours ago, LiamJones said:

Do I definitely need full plans? I recently saw a a demo and rebuild as a householder app that got approved in my district!

Was it a complete demolition and re-build or were a few walls shown to be retained and then extended upon? A new build requires a Full application. Even some substantial re-development works require a Full as opposed to a Householder application.