Confusion over sizes, internal measurements

Trying to replace an old single glazed, hand cranked window. It's no doubt the original one and as such the glass sits on top of the frame and not in the frame. It leaks, it's draughty and we don't the winding handle.

Can only get access from inside and the opening to opening size is roughly 49cm X 74cm.

If it was me I'd just get a fixed glazing, but any quotes I have found have been £800+ for the size. It's on a landing above 2m.

What sort of modern standard sized window would this equate to?

21 hours ago, ash_scotland88 said:

My memory if the sizes were wrong.

510 X 760 internal

Also learnt/used laser and pitch angle is 48- 50degrees. Which puts a lot of the custom 45degree ones out of running.

The vast majority of velux like windows will work on your roof pitch. Some can go in roofs from 10 to 90 degrees.

Most are designed around a rectangular wood frame fixed to the roof. They are measured to the outside edge of this wood frame (not the inside dimensions).

The height of this frame above the outer face of the tile batten may matter.

The gap between the outer edge of the frame and the tiles may matter.

On 14/07/2023 at 15:26, markc said:

Maybe I’m missing something but can’t see why a few degrees of roof pitch would affect anything in this case

Yeah, spoke to one of the custom sizes places and they said it shouldn't matter.

Think a fixed option is going to be best. Keeps the glazing size maximum and is triple glazed as standard. Will just need to shell it out.

• 2 weeks later...