Stairs

eandg

Not far off hitting the button on a Stairbox order but have noticed they ask for finished floor to finished floor. We're looking at having a floating (6.5mm LVT click) floor above our screed - are we okay fitting/fixing the staircase onto this, or should it go on the screed prior to flooring (albeit this may mean bottom riser is slightly shorter)?

Also, any thoughts on supporting a half-landing? Stairbox can supply matching T&G oak panels to be cut to size on site but I'm not sure how we'd support it - a frame screwed into studs do the job or would it need posts on the ground?

1 hour ago, eandg said:

Also, any thoughts on supporting a half-landing? Stairbox can supply matching T&G oak panels to be cut to size on site but I'm not sure how we'd support it - a frame screwed into studs do the job or would it need posts on the ground?

You’d need to consult your SE I believe.

• 1 month later...
On 07/07/2023 at 06:16, Bonner said:

Really depends on what can support the landing. Is it butting up to 2 walls or 3? Can you share a drawing?

Sorry, just seen this. Snip from Stairbox here:

image.thumb.png.6674606d85b0485830c80bd7f33de478.png

Left and right hand walls are sheathed internal load bearers, wall to the front is external and is battened out and sheeted - could cut sheets and put something more structural in if required. 

We've hit a wee bit of an issue with flooring as we're going herringbone and the fitter says we won't be able to floor past the stairwell until they are in situ, unless we put the stairs onto the (LVT) floorcovering - which will delay us about a week. He doesn't seem to think there'll be any issues pinkgripping or similar the step to the floor given we'll be screwing the pre-assembled runs to the wall but not so sure. 

• 5 months later...