Hi

westpark

Hi to everyone,

Just about to embark on a self build up in North east Scotland, currently got plans in awaiting planning permission so hopefully shouldn't be to long now!

Lots of useful info on this site but sure I will be asking a few questions along the way as a total newbie to self build.

Thanks

John

Edited by westpark

Welcome.

Lots of help and support on this forum. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The search function is a good way to research, as any questions you have may well have been answered before. Check out the blogs as well, they are a real goldmine of information.

Have you settled on how you are going to build your house?

I'm a lot further north (a couple of hours plus a ferry journey north of @ProDave).

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

What do you regard as "North East" Scotland? There are already a few on here building around Aberdeen. I'm a little further north.

I am on the Moray Coast so not as far down as Aberdeen 

2 hours ago, Stones said:

Welcome.

Lots of help and support on this forum. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The search function is a good way to research, as any questions you have may well have been answered before. Check out the blogs as well, they are a real goldmine of information.

Have you settled on how you are going to build your house?

I'm a lot further north (a couple of hours plus a ferry journey north of @ProDave).

Yeah already used the search and found plenty answers!

Not fully settled, but quite keen on the MBC passive slab and timber kit, I guess it will mostly come down to costings as hoping to do the build around the £1250msq

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

Not so far from me then. I seldom go much further than Elgin.  I'm 20 miles north of Inverness.

i have been up that way to Invergordon and Nigg quite a lot in the last couple of years with work. Are you on the black isle? Stunning countryside up that way 

1 minute ago, westpark said:

i have been up that way to Invergordon and Nigg quite a lot in the last couple of years with work. Are you on the black isle? Stunning countryside up that way 

I'm in the countryside just outside Alness.  I sail my boat from Avoch on the Black Isle.

Hello, welcome, fingers crossed for your planning going smoothly, keep us all updated! I'm building rurally outside Fraserburgh but was being dealt through the Banff planning department for a while, was... erm.... well least said the better maybe!  Peterhead for building control and so far keeping them on side!