What ashp is the best value for money in a 193 SqM house?

Both me and @dpmiller have coolenergy monoblock units and are very happy. Only time mine has not been perfect in the last year was when we had a power cut and I had to reset the unit when the power came back on.

I got the full pre-plummed package at £6500. Two and a bit days to install, worked straight out of the blocks. Cooling function is a godsend.

Edited by Conor
  • Like 1

You give the m2 of your property but not the total energy required from your room by room heat loss calculations. That is the information you need to know to correctly size your pump. If you have a very well-insulated house you might end up sizing the pump to meet the requirements of your hot water rather than your heating. 

For example my total heat loss is around 4kW (probably an over-estimate) so a 5kW heat pump probably would be fine for this. But my hot water demands require a 270L cylinder. I’m having a Vaillant pump along with one of their cylinders. The 5kW pump isn’t compatible with cylinders larger than 250L, so I have to have a 7kW pump to support the 300L cylinder, which is the next size up. 

Also make sure your plumber knows what they are doing with pipe sizing and heat emitters. 

• Like 1