Preparing Floor Removing paint off concrete

revelation

I hoping someone has an idea for a quick fix.  Looking to lay a load of LVT down but before the FBall feathering gear goes down we have an issue. .

The decorators when spraying the walls didn’t cover the concrete floor.  So the floor is caked in overspray (seem to have got more on the floor than the walls and ceiling 😂

Any idea for quick removal with minimum dust. (The walls have been painted and the kitchen is fitted) 

A scraper does work but there is around 80sq m to do over this weekend so don’t fancy scraping it.

59 minutes ago, Discoeye said:

Is the paint waterbased they sprayed as if so warm water and a small scourer but not a quick fix for the area you have stated.

it was some dulux diamondmatt.  Warm water and a scourer you think? 

wanted to have it done over the weekend so hire of a machine maybe tricky. 

It's a lot of elbow grease however you tackle it, I have covered and cleaned everything but the the titanic anything's doable. Diamondmatt is tuff but not bombproof cleaned countless with yes just warm watering a scourer no quick fix.

4 minutes ago, Discoeye said:

It's a lot of elbow grease however you tackle it, I have covered and cleaned everything but the the titanic anything's doable. Diamondmatt is tuff but not bombproof cleaned countless with yes just warm watering a scourer no quick fix.

That what I was fearing.   Would any kind of  paint stripper liquid  help loosen it up? 

No, warm water is you saviour, and im sure your aware f ball and Lvt flooring need a spotless and clean surface hence why I keep harping on about warm water. If you heat the paint your in danger of burning it to the floor then that's more work and chemicals won't touch waterbased but then you have to make sure the floor is chemical free if they did work.

I can only say your scraper with the addition of warm water and a scourer is the way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, revelation said:

it was some dulux diamondmatt

Just leave it.  It is very difficult to remove.  If it is properly bonded to the concrete I can't see a problem.  I have tried to remove a small amount of overspray of diamondmatt from fully finished wood floors and it it is difficult to impossible without damaging the floor coating.

3 hours ago, Discoeye said:

No, warm water is you saviour, and im sure your aware f ball and Lvt flooring need a spotless and clean surface hence why I keep harping on about warm water. If you heat the paint your in danger of burning it to the floor then that's more work and chemicals won't touch waterbased but then you have to make sure the floor is chemical free if they did work.

I can only say your scraper with the addition of warm water and a scourer is the way.

I am thinking of ordering this. 

Proster Surface Grinding Dust Shroud for 5 Inch Angle Grinder with 125mm Diamond Grinding Cup Wheel https://amzn.eu/d/0D6P8Ly

that maybe the quickest way of getting this done. 

And will try the warm water with a scourer too. 

Carbonrundum stone.

Presumably it's negligible thickness so it doesn't really need tp cone off.

However an addition to scourers is first to use a scouring block......a carborundum or just a  brick

its an official way of knocking cement lumps off concrete being  less abrasive than a carborundum stone.

The latter will  do the best job if if has to be clean.

Nb the brick sheds dust so have a brush handy.

On 17/06/2023 at 06:56, Discoeye said:

Never seen one of those but it looks promising and for the price its worth a go.

In the end, we used scrapers, wire brushes and a mop with warm water.  Took some hard work but got there in the end without a load of dust or expense. 

On 17/06/2023 at 07:20, saveasteading said:

Carbonrundum stone.

Presumably it's negligible thickness so it doesn't really need tp cone off.

However an addition to scourers is first to use a scouring block......a carborundum or just a  brick

its an official way of knocking cement lumps off concrete being  less abrasive than a carborundum stone.

The latter will  do the best job if if has to be clean.

Nb the brick sheds dust so have a brush handy.

Thank you, I appreciate the help.

Well done on cleaning your floor you got there in the end. Just out of interest is your flooring low tack so you can lift it up or fully bonded.

We went for low tack and only because my wife will be asking for a different style in a years time.🙈

• 1 month later...
On 21/06/2023 at 06:32, Discoeye said:

Well done on cleaning your floor you got there in the end. Just out of interest is your flooring low tack so you can lift it up or fully bonded.

We went for low tack and only because my wife will be asking for a different style in a years time.🙈

The fitter used FBall F46 I think.   It didn’t seem too heavy duty.  

• Like 1