Adding batteries

1 hour ago, Radian said:

I guess that was for feeding an off-grid 12V inverter? Things get quite a bit more tricky interfacing with a grid-tied inverter. But 12p/kWh storage cost is still impressive when compared to the more usual 50p to £1 for commercial offerings.

Yes it's a completely off grid system, with mostly 12v loads and an inverter for the AC stuff.

I was amazed that I was able to put together the battery for so little money- considerably less than the traction batteries I had been considering.

I consistently use about 1 kWh a day, during the day time.

As I was sitting in the cafe this morning I noticed all the telewankers plugging in their phones and laptop.

How small could a 1.25 kWh battery storage and BMS/mains charger be made?

If it, in effect, knocks 50p off a cup of coffee, and with my loyalty 1 free coffee after I buy 6, that will get the price down to around £2.20 a cup, 2017 prices.

On 17/06/2023 at 13:21, SteamyTea said:
On 17/06/2023 at 12:17, Radian said:

I tend to agree, and usually only manage to burn my finger when doing electronic.

You must remember to turn the power off first.....

On 12/06/2023 at 18:05, canalsiderenovation said:

Seems like this could be possible. They posted recently on Facebook about it https://fb.watch/l72sG9xUAX/

FWIW - the chap at Solic just called me back.

Sounds like they are still finalising their battery friendly firmware having found an issue with the battery friendly version they were using. He said once that's done they intend a 'return unit to them' for upgrade path for nominal amount.

If this is of interest seems like watch Earthwise's website over the next few months.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RichardL said:

FWIW - the chap at Solic just called me back.

Sounds like they are still finalising their battery friendly firmware having found an issue with the battery friendly version they were using. He said once that's done they intend a 'return unit to them' for upgrade path for nominal amount.

If this is of interest seems like watch Earthwise's website over the next few months.

That's interesting 🤔 I'll definitely keep an eye out on their website.