Extremely high pitched whine from inverter?

Andehh

The most bizarre situation to be in... We have our system up and running on our new room, having had it dismantled for 2 yewrs, now using a refurbished Solis inverter. Generating fine and all looking good, however... It is generating an ultra high pitched whine, like a mosquito on steroids. 

The most annoying thing... I am the only one that can hear it!! Wife, builder, plumber, Electrician all just can't hear it so have no idea what I'm talking about. 

The unit otherwise works fine, and I'm probably going to need to replace it when we move in if I can't get to the bottom of it, issue being I probably can't return it because it's technically working fine. 

Has anyone ever come across this before? 

3 hours ago, Andehh said:

The most bizarre situation to be in... We have our system up and running on our new room, having had it dismantled for 2 yewrs, now using a refurbished Solis inverter. Generating fine and all looking good, however... It is generating an ultra high pitched whine, like a mosquito on steroids. 

The most annoying thing... I am the only one that can hear it!! Wife, builder, plumber, Electrician all just can't hear it so have no idea what I'm talking about. 

The unit otherwise works fine, and I'm probably going to need to replace it when we move in if I can't get to the bottom of it, issue being I probably can't return it because it's technically working fine. 

Has anyone ever come across this before? 

We have Solis, Solax and a Goodwe, they all make various sounds and whines.

The very nature of inverting DC to AC involves taking it from the DC side, to AC, to achieve this and to make things more stable and keep the current down (higher voltage is easier to deal with than lower voltage and high current) they often have a circuit block which takes the voltage up to perhaps, 1000V AC and high frequency, that can then be smoothed and worked with, then dropped to just above grid voltage (or else the power would not leave the inverter). The circuitry at the higher voltage and high frequency block will whine, its basically an electrical buzz at  15-20kHz.

Edited by Carrerahill