Shed base

AdamD

How much overhang would you suggest? The site is 2400x2400mm so having 5 grids of 500mm across so that would only give 50mm overhang each side. Worth going with 6 grids across to make it 3000mm total, 300mm overhang each side?

How much overhang would you suggest? The site is 2400x2400mm so having 5 grids of 500mm across so that would only give 50mm overhang each side. Worth going with 6 grids across to make it 3000mm total, 300mm overhang each side?

What do you think to the one I posted from amazon?

Do you think it’ll be necessary to fix the shed base down as well? Will the weight of the shed screwed to the base not be sufficient?

5 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

Looks OK. 

Yes must be fixed down. I have seen a very heavy shed moved sideways by fairly normal winds.

Doesn't need much fixing hence screws into slabs should do. Or maybe replacing the gravel infill with concrete locally will do.

Just ok? Or is hard to tell on screen? No idea which one to go for.

fair enough, as it happens the base is currently bolted down (brackets concreted in each corner and fixed to base) so thinking about it I can just use that as the base is going to be at the same level as now.

Ok, so I’m a novice therefore feel free to add anything I’ve missed.

• dig to 100mm (60mm hardcore, 40mm grids)
  • add membrane
  • add and rake hardcore, compress to level
  • lay and lock plastic grids. Fill with pea gravel.
  • shed base in place and fixed to concreted brackets
  • reconstruct shed

Recycled type 1 adequate for the sub base? 

11 hours ago, AdamD said:

Ok, so I’m a novice therefore feel free to add anything I’ve missed.

• dig to 100mm (60mm hardcore, 40mm grids)
  • add membrane
  • add and rake hardcore, compress to level
  • lay and lock plastic grids. Fill with pea gravel.
  • shed base in place and fixed to concreted brackets
  • reconstruct shed

Recycled type 1 adequate for the sub base? 

Not pea gravel, you want 10mm crushed. Pea gravel or pea shingle has a quantity of round pebbles which move about too much, crushed stone is all angular and packs in much tighter so it doesn’t lift out go everywhere 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chanmenie said:

you want 10mm crushed

Yes that is better. It is essential for a road or path  ot essential jn a shed.. Just make sure some long stones haven't wriggled throuh a 10mm sieve.

I have used pea gravel as tp up in my greenhouse house and it is OK

On 07/06/2023 at 19:22, Chanmenie said:

Not pea gravel, you want 10mm crushed. Pea gravel or pea shingle has a quantity of round pebbles which move about too much, crushed stone is all angular and packs in much tighter so it doesn’t lift out go everywhere 

How would it lift and go everywhere if it’s underneath the shed and base?

3 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

Ground moves all the time. You are removing some ground  and then km posing the shed load so it could bulge up inside,  at some stage.

Thanks

how about this?

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjuxpbs1bX_AhUIvO0KHWO6BXQYABAQGgJkZw&ohost=www.google.co.uk&cid=CAASJORoAgePyIpK4smjtboLU7KnOibc7taIDOHTXiPDtIE_zpkdaA&sig=AOD64_1YxW2ZDB9HvC_NCtDdy2d5lqcRSA&ctype=46&q=&ved=2ahUKEwip-ZDs1bX_AhVHRkEAHUCsDT0QzzkoAHoECAQQFg&nis=8&adurl=

5 hours ago, AdamD said:

That’s an expensive way of buying it, my shed was 10ft x 20ft and I think I used nearly 1.5 ton of gravel 

can you get a 700kg bag delivered from a BM