Drilling a perfectly horizontal, level hole. How?

6 minutes ago, SimonD said:

I just wonder how they derive satisfaction from delivering below par standards of both workmanship and customer care?

In my experience they just want payment asap and sometimes even think they’ve done a good job when it plainly is shite .

1 hour ago, SimonD said:

....I just wonder how they derive satisfaction from delivering below par standards of both workmanship and customer care?

When work delivered is what they know to be below par, they don't derive any professional satisfaction.

They deliver a detailed glimpse of themselves -their behaviour-  to all who are willing to look at the signs. And because most people don't care to look, let alone form a valid professional judgement on the work presented, some trades folk - not all - simply don't bother. 

All the while forgetting that their work is what they are. For all the world to see. Doctors, plumbers, chefs, lecturers, typists [...]

Thats the rationale for Professional Peer Review. Healthy, challenging, supportive when necessary. We all need a nudge sometimes. God knows I did (do).

Which is one reason why I submit my cock-ups for examination here.

1 hour ago, ToughButterCup said:

In this case @joe90, all the insulation is on the outside (about 200mm) , and therefore there is next to no chance of the drill being deflected. Inside start I think ...... 110mm of concrete 40mm beyond the outside of the block. 

However, the accuracy of the holes is required on the outside! Does  it matter if it deflects a little inside? From the outside will give you 200mm of making sure it’s horizontal 🤷‍♂️ plus if you use a decent SDS drill bit I find they don’t wander much at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

plus if you use a decent SDS drill bit I find they don’t wander much at all.

Did Ian drill into his rebar one time, causing some consternation, or was it constipation, maybe that was the trouser leg incident.