MYGRID MODULEONE Plug and Play Home Battery

DevrieseB

hey,

I myself have solar panels and would like to increase my self-consumption.
I try to run the dishwasher and washing machine as much as possible when the sun is shining.
Now I'm doubting whether to buy a home battery, after some comparison MyGrid seemed interesting to me.
This is because you have no installation costs and the system is expandable.

What do you think about my consumption at night (fridge, freezer, stand-by consumption)
could this be something or are there better ones on the market?

Mygrid.png

7 minutes ago, DevrieseB said:

hey,

I myself have solar panels and would like to increase my self-consumption.
I try to run the dishwasher and washing machine as much as possible when the sun is shining.
Now I'm doubting whether to buy a home battery, after some comparison MyGrid seemed interesting to me.
This is because you have no installation costs and the system is expandable.

What do you think about my consumption at night (fridge, freezer, stand-by consumption)
could this be something or are there better ones on the market?

Mygrid.png

looks interesting but is expensive and pretty low capacity. looking at the Kickstarter campaign you'd be paying £1700 for 1.5kWh storage. my LuxPower setup was 6.4kWh storage for around £5k. my installation fees were paying my electrician to connect it up as I fitted the inverter and batteries to the wall myself.

I guess it all depends on what you want or need and the size of your array and what you currently self-consume. but there are other expandable systems out there. probably worth doing a lot more research on the subject before making a decision.

@Thorfun  You did better than me.  What a lousy bloated, confusing horrible website, I never actually managed to find a price anywhere.

At a low capacity of 1.5kWh then even if you could store that much from your PV and use it every day you would save about 50p per say, so if it really costs £1700 then it would take 3400 days tp pay for itself, that's a shade over 10 years.

Then there is not enough details to even know if it would simply store any surplus that would be exported.  No sign of current clamps or anything similar to measure your import / export just talk of connecting it to a phone app and putting you in control.

I would keep on looking for something better with some idea it will actually do what you want, how it will work etc.

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

@Thorfun  You did better than me.  What a lousy bloated, confusing horrible website, I never actually managed to find a price anywhere.

if you click on 'Order' is redirects you to their Kickstarter campaign (which hasn't actually reached it's funding goal yet with only 10 days left to go). delivery is estimated at Mar 2024 and as will all things Kickstarter there's no guarantee it'll ever get made and if it does whether that'll be on time or not is also another question.

6 hours ago, Thorfun said:

looks interesting but is expensive and pretty low capacity. looking at the Kickstarter campaign you'd be paying £1700 for 1.5kWh storage. my LuxPower setup was 6.4kWh storage for around £5k. my installation fees were paying my electrician to connect it up as I fitted the inverter and batteries to the wall myself.

I guess it all depends on what you want or need and the size of your array and what you currently self-consume. but there are other expandable systems out there. probably worth doing a lot more research on the subject before making a decision.

thanks, so it means that their system per kWh is currently too high

7 minutes ago, DevrieseB said:

thanks, so it means that their system per kWh is currently too high

Too expensive and too small capacity for me. But we all have different needs so could be good for someone else. 

23 minutes ago, DevrieseB said:

8p per kWh

So the 50p per 1.5kWh mentioned by ProDave above would actually be 38p, making it even less viable. And by the way the best standard export rate you can get currently is 24p per kWh which, if sustainable, makes batteries, generally, non viable. And I say this even though I have a battery.