Design ideas??

24 minutes ago, ETC said:

If you wanted to use the flat roof as a terrace I’d certainly consider moving the master suite upstairs with direct access.

It’s what I’d do if it was my house! 😂

2 hours ago, ETC said:

Master bedroom and office upstairs with direct access to a roof garden overlooking the back garden.

IMG_2938.png

IMG_2943.png

IMG_2942.png

Wow. Amazing!

love the idea of a roof garden. Having had a look at elevations I think this would be a problem with overlooking the bungalow garden to the west. However, I imagine a wall on that side of terrace could sort this out. 

just a thought (and I’m not expecting you to draw this, I hasten to add), if planning didn’t go for this sort of thing, could you essentially just put more roof going diagonally frOn the roof to back of property with an internal window from master to living room (if needed for light) and then roof lights in that section of roof. Would make double ceiling height for living room? Have attached image

57175F20-B016-441F-AD4B-AA31412591CC.jpeg

6 hours ago, ETC said:

Hi there,

You could of course - but I think it would look very bulky.

What about all flat roofs?

I’m not opposed to flat roofs. I just felt that if you have a flat roof at 6m that’s a lot more imposing than a pitched roof and the shadow it casts would be greater. I suppose a small part of flat roof at the higher level might work though. Like your most recent version but a flat part instead of the wedge

9 hours ago, ETC said:

IMG_2983.png

IMG_2984.png

Oh I like this. I like the fact everything is a good size but actually the footprint isn’t too big and leaves a good sized garden. 

can cars definitely turn in that space out the front do you think?

the back elevation shows some kind of overhang, as does floor plan, but side elevation doesn’t. Is it just the roof overhanging the back?

thanks again. This designs are epic!

11 hours ago, Katie AG said:

Oh I like this. I like the fact everything is a good size but actually the footprint isn’t too big and leaves a good sized garden. 

can cars definitely turn in that space out the front do you think?

the back elevation shows some kind of overhang, as does floor plan, but side elevation doesn’t. Is it just the roof overhanging the back?

thanks again. This designs are epic!

Hi there,

I’ll take a look at car turning but it might be a 15 point turn!!

If you look at the floor plan you’ll see a triangular section of wall at each end of the building. This is to create the recess but at the same time to give a solid end wall.

ETC.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn’t have one. Extend the flat roof covering up the pitched roof a minimum of 150mm and slope the flat roof to the front of the house. Simple enough to do and saves clearing leaves from a dedicated gutter.