Howdy All Brian Here - Passive House Builder + So Much More

Brian Cornwell

Found BuildHub by chance browsing around green building sites online.

I built my first passive house in my early 30's and had a lot of fun in the process. I caught the construction bug, and love all things architecture and construction. 

These days, I'm enjoying learning about construction, Passive House, and am hoping to share my experiences, knowledge, and history of building with other folks!

319571480_3157297017399_481190537051514232_n-2_14.jpg

Edited by Nickfromwales
Commercial links / business references not allowed in new membership. Edited by mods.

I would be careful using you own name and posting photos of yourself. Public forum you have no idea who is reading and watching. Next you will let it slip you off on holiday and come home to an empty house.

1 hour ago, JohnMo said:

I would be careful using you own name and posting photos of yourself. Public forum you have no idea who is reading and watching. Next you will let it slip you off on holiday and come home to an empty house.

Having lived in both places, it's interesting how the US (where Brian is based) has a very different attitude to this than the UK.  Over here it's very rare to use real names (at least, full real name) on public searchable online forums, whereas it was completely standard and expected on various US groups I joined.  The whole "English man's house is his castle" is just bluster these days; we all have to hide behind pseudonyms.

(TBF using a handle was always second nature for me since using CB Radio as a kid in the 80s)

Anyway that's very OT! welcome Brian, I'm sure you'll have a lot of valuable input for folks here.

1 hour ago, joth said:

The whole "English man's house is his castle" is just bluster these days; we all have to hide behind pseudonyms.

The issue is that the American man's house could potentially be his heavily, even lethally, defended castle, so perhaps they're less concerned about pseudonymity.

I went to a guys house in the states (Ohio), we had been off working for two weeks, his house had not been locked the whole time - it never was. No one ever thought about entering, because they were as likely to be shot than anything else.

2 minutes ago, JohnMo said:

I went to a guys house in the states (Ohio), we had been off working for two weeks, his house had not been locked the whole time - it never was. No one ever thought about entering, because they were as likely to be shot than anything else.

Go to the wrong address to pick up your brothers and you get shot in the head and arm. 

Chaps thread going off piste. Sorry. Welcome! 

The forum is publicly searchable via search engines hence why it’s suggested you don’t use your full name. An abundance of caution and all that. 

Be really cool to hear more about your passive builds and methods. The US can have a very extreme climate so anything specific you do to deal with would be interesting. 

Well it would be very interesting to compare PH building methods between the US & UK.

And I use my real name here too, as I take the view that anything I say on here I would be happy to repeat in a court of law. For me, life is too complicated to pretend to be several kinds of separate digital beings as well as one organic one.