MVHR Valves in vaulted ceiling help

Hi All

We are having MVHR installed in our new house (well I am installing it) and we are having vaulted ceilings in 2 of the bedrooms

I have attached my very dodgy drawing of my first idea of how to install them with battens etc

Is this a suitable way of doing it? Or is there another/better way to do this?

Could I potentially wall mount the valve?

Any advice very much appreciated

Vaulted MVHR.jpg

MVHR Vaulted Ceiling Layout.jpg

42 minutes ago, Beckside said:

I installed our MVHR and also created a void like you are by proposing to run the ducts. Then installed the valves on the newly created ceiling. 

I don't suppose you have a picture of it at all if you wouldn't mind sharing it (just to show the mrs)

Many Thanks

On 13/04/2023 at 13:22, JohnMo said:

16444012196515969541797982617206.thumb.jpg.2a44d0387ec57c190019c337ed1a25b3.jpgKeep it simple don't put them in the ceiling. Use coanda effect nozzles and put them in the wall.  The coanda effect will cause the air to travel across the room.

We plan on putting ours in the wall and using the space above fitted wardrobes for pipe runs. 

On 13/04/2023 at 10:28, richo106 said:

Just thinking, when I 'flat' off the vaulted ceiling I could run the ducting through that and mount the spigot so the valve is in the flat bit of the ceiling

Many Thanks

That's exactly what we did. Formed a small flat ceiling at the ridge that left enough room for the plenums. With 3.5m ceilings it hardly feels oppressive.

Here's what I did. 125mm of pir was then fitted between the rafters and 60mm under, then the airtight membrane then battens and counter battens (each 22mm). The duct ended mostly 'in' the 60mm pir, on the outside of the membrane. 

IMG_20230414_190852.jpg