My plans

As requested here are the plans. The red clouds on the profile plan south side show where we've had to remove windows because Arun Council don't have the balls to say no to the nimbies to the North even though it has no direct effect upon them.

512-1-002-ProposedFloor&RoofPlans-5.pdf

512-1-001-A-ProposedBlockPlan-5.pdf

512-1-004-ProposedElevations-6 (003).pdf

On the ground floor switch G.05 internal bathroom and PL/CB. You really should be trying to get a window on all bathrooms to provide natural light and ventilation and the PL/CB is still close enough to the entrance. Stairs and entrance might have to slide a meter to the east which is doable.

Hmm, the images hint at passivhaus , or near PH design? Right?

I love the idea of the light well. Get the window detail right. How are they going to be cleaned?

The internal loo might well be a problem. Move it to where you can flush it with fresh air perhaps?

Looking forward to seeing details as they emerge.

And before I forget, welcome.

Ian

• Like 1

If it has no direct effect on them in Council Policy or Planning terms, then an Appeal against that aspect of the PP should succeed.

What is your detailing around the solar panels? Are you better to make essentially that whole roof slope solar? Are panels less expensive than your roofing choice yet?

Ferdinand

• 2 weeks later...

Dudda that's not a bad idea thanks.

Tennents Lager. There is no comparison with any of the houses around it. All of the other buildings are hideous to say the least.

Ferdinand.  I was thinking about making the entire roof solar panels. I'm not sure I like the clamp fitting system for standing seam roofs.

Planning in the Arun area is a nightmare. We have a retirement apartments to the north and east. The daughter of one of the resident as stirred up so much trouble telling the old folks that out building in 15m high (9m in reality on the first application) the figure on the plans from Datum. The council approved the plans but there had been 28 comments against. It went to the planning Committee and the planning officer just sat there and let this horrible woman lie. We tried to defend our project with the true dimensions but the Councillors (one in particular) had been knobbled. In the end the Councillors went to site and refused planning on neighborly development grounds. We withdrew the application and started again. It was the same with the new application but we lowered the roof height to 8.4 metres. Planing was approved but with the conditions that we make certain windows opaque.  Please see original plans attached. All the complaints came from flats to north but the planners decided this on the grounds that it was protecting the privacy of future occupiers. I decided to change the windows to walls as in the above plans. We went for a variation of condition application  and the planners sent it, erroneously (their word)  to the planning solicitor who despite saying this was nothing to do with it, posted a letter on application site saying he would refuse to approve the V of C. The Parish council have now voted to also block the V of C and want use to withdraw the application and reapply as they want to see the amendments which, are on the application site but the PC appear to be blind. Arun planning are ruling that the condition be accepted and are briefing the Councillors today prior to the Committee meeting on the 23rd of August. I'm so fed up with this whole thing now I wish I'd never started and probably won't want to live in the house once built (if ever). I don't trust any of them and I'm now contemplating appointing a planing legal consultant to review both applications and V of C. Sorry this is a bit long. Someone is pulling strings but I can't prove anything.

512-1-002-ProposedFloorRoofPlans-3.pdf