How can I put air con onto a mvhr ductwork?

On 10/03/2023 at 19:53, Beechgate said:

Kelvin is right.

If you're looking to tap the knowledge on this forum perhaps chalk this up as a bad start and rethink your approach

On 10/03/2023 at 19:57, Kelvin said:

No one wishes to ban you. I’m just giving you some friendly advice on the best way to approach a new forum.

On 11/03/2023 at 09:40, Nickfromwales said:

As you have technically not yet broken any of the rules of this forum, we can't really ban you. Plus, have you ever heard the phrase "give them enough rope"?

Also, this is just pure gold, keep them coming. 😆 I've not laughed this much since Auntie Mabel caught her left tit in the mangle.

@Kelvin

Could I please refer you to the T's & C's, section 69, item 69, subsection 6-9, where it clearly states "thou shalthst ( spelt correctly, I checked ) not engage-eth in the medieval act of the browning of the nose". This is a grandfather clause, often overlooked, so if you wish to avoid a permanent ban from Buildhub I urge to to take all of today, and 37.4592% of Sunday ( not this Sunday, but the one after next, and I'll be checking ;) ) to properly familiarise yourself with our policies.

I expected better of you tbh. 🙄    

On 11/03/2023 at 09:45, Nickfromwales said:

Google 'delta T', and get a reality check on where the dew-point would be.

I'm not sure what books you've been reading and researching from, but I'd avoid the fiction section from now on. 

On 11/03/2023 at 10:09, Kelvin said:

Duly noted. I shall stand naked on my foundation in the freezing cold admiring my very neat over complicated ducting 

On 11/03/2023 at 10:25, Nickfromwales said:

Good lad. We will  not, of course, accept your word for it. Please post photos here for "authentication". We will make allowances for it being cold when we score you. :D 

Don't forget to insulate them. You never know when you'll need to add "air con" ( not cooling ) from an A2W HP ;)

On 11/03/2023 at 10:30, Kelvin said:

Will do

I shall place a tray of ice by an open window on a hot day. 

On 11/03/2023 at 10:35, Nickfromwales said:

The perfect solution to the OP's issue? 

The job's yours :) . Let me show you to your office.

8 hours ago, TerryE said:

I browsed the topic and on reading @Nickfromwales first post, my honest reaction was that they were reasonable scoping Qs aimed at focusing the discussion into something valuable for you.  You have now twice replied by trolling in response to reasonable points.  Not a good start for a new member.

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

Yup. Relegated to the "cock-womble" shelf. I would say a "moron", but don't wish to fall onto my own sword lol. At least I can't hang myself......as I've just been to the rope shop and it's just all recently been snapped up by someone. :/  

Anyone would think Id touched a nerve, has something been going on for a while? 

10 hours ago, Petrochemicals said:

I though the Auto bypass thing just shunted the air past the heat exchanger. 

Bypass is used when it's cool outside and you want to cool down the interior.  When it's hot outside bypass isn't used.

@Petrochemicals  Any member's reputation gets a bump when another member gives them an upvote like or thank-you for a contribution, and this enhances their reputation.  It takes a lot of effort / contribution helping other members to get a reputation over 1K, let alone one of almost 4½K as in the case of Nick .

The reason that "Anyone would think I'd touched a nerve" is very simple: you have done so by the tone  and content of your replies.  Perhaps you shouldn't disrespect people when you are seeking free advice from them.   I suggest that the wise thing for you to do here is a reboot:  try seeking help on another forum.  This is my last comment on any of your topics.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TerryE said:

I suggest that the wise thing for you to do here is a reboot:  try seeking help on another forum.

I am sure the GBF will make some nice lentil broth to go with some long words.

18 minutes ago, TerryE said:

It takes a lot of effort / contribution helping other members to get a reputation over 1K,

Or a lot if swearing, and inappropriate comments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2