Snow on the roof?

markc

Caller into a radio station this morning complaining about the lack of insulation in some houses that were so cold they had snow on their roofs while others didn’t. 
This misconception got me looking around while driving and the amount of new build estate boxes that were obviously leaking heat through their roofs was shocking.

contrast those to the ex council houses where the majority had a white top and only the odd one here and there had a clear roof.

Then when I got home it was reassuring that my old ex railway house was white over :).

• Like 1

Two late 1800s semis down the road from me. Obvious which one had loft insulation, and which one didn't. 

Either that or the house with all the frost and snow on just don't run their heating as hot as the other house ..

Took this pic last year of a new build built same time as us.

PXL_20220211_075400160.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markc said:

Caller into a radio station this morning complaining about the lack of insulation in some houses that were so cold they had snow on their roofs while others didn’t. 
This misconception got me looking around while driving and the amount of new build estate boxes that were obviously leaking heat through their roofs was shocking.

contrast those to the ex council houses where the majority had a white top and only the odd one here and there had a clear roof.

Dropped my son to the station this morning and we were discussing the differences in snow cover on the houses. Interestingly, he got it the wrong way around at first, and then immediately corrected himself.

• Like 1