Mortar colour match

gdog82

That picture could be my house. Brick and mortar looks similar. Unfortunately all I know is our builder used lime. Not proper lime mortar but a mix. I would ask him but he's no longer around (deceased I think).

• 2 weeks later...

So I’ve made many samples, using white washed, building sand, grey cement, white cement and lime. But I still can’t get a good match and they are now a week old. I’m still not convinced it contains white cement. Any other ideas?

47E5A87D-7E39-4408-93B0-F54238453A1C.jpeg

2 minutes ago, gdog82 said:

The brick mortar is more of the colour I’m looking for. 

That was 4:1 using bagged builders sand from Wickes.

The trouble is the sand colour will like change according to regional variations, what quarry it comes from etc. 

Then the same cement as above. Mixed with Everbuild 202 to the ratio on the tub label.

https://www.toolstation.com/everbuild-202-integral-liquid-waterproofer/p80460?

It was intentional the flint mortar being a different colour. I didn't want the traditional "lime" white prevalent locally here but wanted a nod to it. 

The flint mortar has the addition of some lime for plasticity along with being wetted with the Everbuild 202 mix. I've then sprayed about 3 coats of concrete sealer over the complete pillar, bricks and all. Looks really good imo and brings out the black in the flints.