Storing Bamboo flooring?

catrionag

Due to reasons of brain addlement we have ordered our bamboo flooring too early. It's due to arrive tomorrow, and there are still wet trades in the house (tapers, about halfway through the job). 

We have a storage container, which is cold but dry, or a house which is slightly less cold but damp. Which is going to bugger up the flooring less if we store it there for around a week until we can air the house out properly and heat the place up?

Or do we bite the bullet and ferry the packs back to our tiny flat in our tiny car?

It has been on a boat that has travelled around the world, put in different warehouses, or stored outside under a bit of canvas.

Stick it in the shed.

Two minutes googling and it seems bamboo flooring has a SHC of between 1.6 and 2.8 kJ/kg.K. 

So does not take a huge amount of energy to heat it up as there are not many kg involved.

Edited by SteamyTea

5 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

Ask the supplier. I’d be taking home to your tiny flat to be on the safe side. 

https://www.bambooflooringcompany.com/bamboo-flooring-blog/how-to-store-bamboo-flooring-before-installation/

That's the supplier - I doubt they're going to say anything different than what's on the link there. D'oh! 

Making me wish we'd opted for a car bigger than an i10...

2 minutes ago, catrionag said:

Now that's the answer I was hoping for 😅

We used to make tooling to mould concrete. We specified a complicated, and very time consuming, release agent system.

We did this in the knowledge that no construction worker would do it properly, thus invalidating the warrantees.

Why they always say timber needs to acclimatise, they know it will never happen.

26 minutes ago, catrionag said:

That's the supplier - I doubt they're going to say anything different than what's on the link there. D'oh! 

Making me wish we'd opted for a car bigger than an i10...

🧖‍♂️ ️ is no doubt right but for the sake of a few weeks and a bit of hassle just follow their guidelines. 

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

It has been on a boat that has travelled around the world, put in different warehouses, or stored outside under a bit of canvas.

Stick it in the shed.

Two minutes googling and it seems bamboo flooring has a SHC of between 1.6 and 2.8 kJ/kg.K. 

So does not take a huge amount of energy to heat it up as there are not many kg involved.

Beet me two it