Wall Plate Straps

richo106

I am just looking to buy some wall plate straps and was looking at my SE drawing.

I have a scoured the internet tonight but can’t seem to find when they detail (please see attached)

It looks like it goes over the top of the wall plate and then back over it like a hook? It also says twist 

The ones I’ve seen before are just a long strap with a 90 degree flat that fix’s into top of wall plate and secured into the wall

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be very helpful as I am slightly confused and I am planning on fitting these next week.

Many Thanks 

692B9528-B5BB-4565-9248-5A93F066E9A3.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bonner said:

If you Google 900*100*30 twist strap you will find the right product. Designed to strap the truss to the wall, not fastening the wall plate which is what the angle straps do.

EE6794F2-1684-4EB1-9D60-E4FBBC7BBA76.jpeg

The bit that is confusing me is that it mentions 90 degrees and the dashed black show that I think shows the strap goes up and over the wall plate 

17 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

cant see the login for not using normal wall plate straps. The trusses are held by clips to the wall plate already.

Any builders merchant stock them.

I can’t either. Would it make a difference if I did it that way? 

Think it’s a copy and paste detail, twist straps always go from wall direct to truss to resist uplift? Wall plate straps come with a single 90 bend and you bend them over the wall plate forming the U shape after fixing .. one strap covers many wall plate widths.

if you use twisted ones from wall to truss you will be ok

27 minutes ago, richo106 said:

The bit that is confusing me is that it mentions 90 degrees and the dashed black show that I think shows the strap goes up and over the wall plate 

I agree the drawing is not clear but the note states twist strap. It has 90 deg. twist whereas the other type has 90 deg. bend