Noise proof my πŸ’© pipe

Pocster

1 minute ago, pocster said:

Right!

Β 

https://insulationandlagging.co.uk/Acoustic-Insulation/Acoustic-Insualtion-Pipe-Wrap/Acoustilag-Acoustic-Pipe-Lagging

Β 

With sensible delivery cost. I need 6m ; but 1 roll does 4.8m around a 110mm pipe - so I'll need to stretch it a bit. Maybe acoustic lag mainly at junctions of pipes?

doesn't give any sort of sound reduction values though.

16 minutes ago, pocster said:

Maybe ?

Β 

https://thermalinsulationonline.co.uk/shop/pipe-section/rockwool-pipe-insulation-sections/

Β 

It is in essence just rockwool ( so no sound spec ) but saves boxing in.....

rockwool is good for sound insulation so this might be a good choice. 25mm thick x 108mm pipe size is Β£10.82/m exc VAT. I guess it all depends on how thick you want it. our heating engineers used this type of stuff for our ASHP flow and return internally.

4 minutes ago, Thorfun said:

rockwool is good for sound insulation so this might be a good choice. 25mm thick x 108mm pipe size is Β£10.82/m exc VAT. I guess it all depends on how thick you want it. our heating engineers used this type of stuff for our ASHP flow and return internally.

Yeah it’s probably the best . Shipping was a flat rate of Β£15 .Β 
I went for it in the end . 6m ; 114mm pipe ; 50mm thicknessΒ 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, pocster said:

Yeah it’s probably the best . Shipping was a flat rate of Β£15 .Β 
I went for it in the end . 6m ; 114mm pipe ; 50mm thicknessΒ 

good job. will be interested in how it works. don't gorget to keep detailed data from you testing using the correct units to keep @SteamyTea happy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thorfun said:

good job. will be interested in how it works. don't gorget to keep detailed data from you testing using the correct units to keep @SteamyTea happy.

I’m going to use my phones decibels measuring app at discreet points along the pipe ( mainly where wc enters ) . Get some readings before and after lagging .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pocster said:

I’m going to use my phones decibels measuring app at discreet points along the pipe ( mainly where wc enters ) . Get some readings before and after lagging .

So we have to listen to your shit ? πŸ™‚

• Like 1

• 3 months later...