Completion Certificate obtained - finally

We moved in back in October and have slowly been going through the list in order to obtain the certificate. In November they came out and there was a list of about 8 things to do including ensuring the ground floor toilet has the correct disability access. Foolishly we forgot to put the door opening outwards. Anyway back in December and I had told them that we could get the door changed due to our joiner not being available. The door however is 2'9" so 3" wider than a std door and they luckily allowed this however...

....they then stated that the sink was too close to the shower for a wheelchair to get to the toilet so I buy a cheap small sink for £40 take the large vanity sink/unit out fit the small one. They are happy and now we are signed off. Mrs wants the old one putting back in now!!

We only have the landscaping to do now that the driveway is in but that can wait until the Spring!

New build driveway complete.jpg

New build side Nov 22.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Happy Valley said:

....they then stated that the sink was too close to the shower for a wheelchair to get to the toilet so I buy a cheap small sink for £40 take the large vanity sink/unit out fit the small one. They are happy and now we are signed off. Mrs wants the old one putting back in now!!

Most of us have a "to do after completion" list.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Andehh said:

Congratulations... Its good to know this eventually comes to an end!!

Long. Old. Slog. :(

Keep going - there are usually ups and downs during the process. Living in the property that you dreamed about/designed/project managed is just fabulous. You'll get there.