Back draught shutter recommendations?

Sparrowhawk

I've got a kitchen extractor on one side of the house and a cloakroom extractor fan on the other. I live in a windy location and when it blows it goes straight in through one and out the other. They have those 3-flap covers on the outside which do nothing, so I was going to try a backdraught shutter.

After reading reviews of cheap ones on Amazon I was going to get a Naber THERMOBOX back draught shutter and try it - but both my fans are in 100mm ducts and Naber start at 125mm.

So I'm back to square one. Any recommendations for relatively airtight backdraught shutters?

That looks great so I'm looking at specifying them...we need 8!

It seems that the £62 model (at TLC) doesn't have  a timer, so add £28. =£90

so that is quite expensive compared with £30 basic one at SF.

8 x £60 extra, = £480 ! ouch. I wonder what the heat loss payback is.

21 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

That looks great so I'm looking at specifying them...we need 8!

It seems that the £62 model (at TLC) doesn't have  a timer, so add £28. =£90

so that is quite expensive compared with £30 basic one at SF.

8 x £60 extra, = £480 ! ouch. I wonder what the heat loss payback is.

I have put in lots of these fans.  The Icon 30 gives a stronger extract but needs a larger hole cut.  I like the delayed start module so the fan does not come on for short visits.  I bought 35 from someone on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/stc120pinner and contacted him directly for a price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

Change the cloakroom extractor for an icon fan  https://www.airflow.com/products/icon-range

Thanks. How reliable have you found them? Has the cover ever jammed on yours if dust builds up etc on them?

2 hours ago, ProDave said:

That has a mechanical shutter that closes when not in use.  With one source of draught closes that might be enough.

The toilet is on the more leeward side of the house so an insertable draught shutter will be needed for the kitchen extractor as well, as it bears the brunt of the wind.