How long after achieving full planning permission can I demolish the old house?

MDC

Back story:

I have made a planning application for a replacement dwelling. 

I am anticipating a result by March 2023, though the planners have said the results will be in by  end of January. In my head, I've allowed them until June, so I don't get too stressed by delays.

The plan is to demolish a 1950's suburban style chalet bungalow in the countryside and replace with a sustainable timber frame barn-esque in-keeping, absolutely inoffensive beauty - existing house shunts out 8.2 tonnes of carbon [apparently], future house will be zero carbon emissions or less [hopefully]. It's going to pass muster, right?!

Question:

Assuming the planning application is successful, can anyone advise on exactly how long after the permission I can demolish [or arrange to have demolished] the old chalet bungalow, please?

4 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

The next day. 

But have you got your consent to demolish, get that organised now as well then it will be current ready to knock down. 

Consent to demolish is something separate from planning permission??

15 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Yes, completely different. 

You need a form from the council, fill it all in, you might need an asbestos survey and a method statement from demo company. 

Are you referring to a Section 80 demolition notice? 

29 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

Yes, completely different. 

You need a form from the council, fill it all in, you might need an asbestos survey and a method statement from demo company. 

For us, the demolition planning application went in at same time as the FPP (just a separate form), and was automatically approved at the same time.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Canski said:

That’s the one. Have you also had an ecology survey ? 

Yes, have a preliminary ecology survey. Only potential issue is bats. There are no bats, but they want to see if there are in May. Makes no sense to me. If I have planning permission by March and can demolish the house with the Section 80 in place at that time, there won't be a house for the bats to roost in [if they do at all]. 

We have got our full planning permission but a condition is that we only demolish between October and February due to birds nesting (one robin, one sparrow)

so you might get a condition on your pp but more likely I’m afraid is that you won’t get pp until after May when presumably you are having another visit and report. 

13 hours ago, Susie said:

We have got our full planning permission but a condition is that we only demolish between October and February due to birds nesting (one robin, one sparrow)

so you might get a condition on your pp but more likely I’m afraid is that you won’t get pp until after May when presumably you are having another visit and report. 

Yes, understood. I'd like to go for demolition before the bat season. The preliminary survey says there is no evidence of bats, but they want to have another look in May. If I can't demolish before the bat season, I can accept waiting until October, and hope this avoids the expense of further surveys and licences and mucking about. Thank you.