Samsung ASHP Error

24 minutes ago, HughF said:

If it’s a freedom heatpumps install, it will use a filter ball instead of a maganaclean or similar. Plenty of information from Graham hendra on YouTube on how to clean these.

Ours was Freedom and had a Magnaclean fitted in such a way you couldn’t remove it. 

22 minutes ago, Jilly said:

Well done! It’s very satisfying to sort stuff out, even if you don’t quite know why…

The hot water is fine, it's heated the tank and the actual fan outside worked. I'm not completely convinced the heating is working. The stats are calling for heat but the actual heat pump fan isn't working outside 🤔

I'm waiting with baited breath to see if the floor gets warm and the temperature rises in the rooms but surely if the heating was working the fan should be working on the unit outside.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

The hot water is fine, it's heated the tank and the actual fan outside worked. I'm not completely convinced the heating is working. The stats are calling for heat but the actual heat pump fan isn't working outside 🤔

I'm waiting with baited breath to see if the floor gets warm and the temperature rises in the rooms but surely if the heating was working the fan should be working on the unit outside.

Most ASHP's only heat DhW or heating one at a time with priority given to hot water.  Once your tank is up to temperature it should then start heating the rooms.  Keep us posted.

37 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Most ASHP's only heat DhW or heating one at a time with priority given to hot water.  Once your tank is up to temperature it should then start heating the rooms.  Keep us posted.

I turned the hot water off one I knew it had heated to 48 degrees and then turned the heating on in one room - gradually hoping to make sure things work. That's when the fan outside stopped working. The stats are calling for heat now but so far the outside fan hasn't come on, I'll see what happens and if the kitchen warms up. All very odd this is.

Edit - working. Just checked and fan has kicked in. Hooray.

Edited by canalsiderenovation
Edit

6 hours ago, Kelvin said:

Ours was Freedom and had a Magnaclean fitted in such a way you couldn’t remove it. 

Not surprising, their instructions are targeted to the lowest common denominator so any halfwit can fit one.