Doorways tight?

Hey all,

What do we think of this?

Doorway A & B seem rather 'tight' ; I'm worried once architrave is up they'll almost be touching.

Also ensuite bathroom door('C') looks tight also.

Cheers

3231-GA-001[4].jpg

Edited by pocster

14 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Plenty of room to move for A down a bit. Can you put the ensuite  door on the other wall so both doors aren't as close.

Hey 

yeah I was thinking of moving 'A'

i could move the ensuite door way to the side ( 'c') but was planning on fitted storage along that entire wall so was worried doorway might be tight to that .

cheers 

14 hours ago, bassanclan said:

What would happen if you got rid of ensuite 'C' to make the master bedroom larger/walk in wardrobe and made bathroom 'B' into two en suites?

Good god man ! If I did that my wife would murder me !!! 

• 2 months later...

Considering the shape of the master bedroom there, would you not be better to put fitted wardrobes along one end rather than the side, you are going to end up with a very long narrow room if you put them all down one side. In fact I would say uncomfortably narrow which is a shame for such a large room, you would reduce the width to only 2.7-2.8m.

I personally like when a door doesn't swing onto the room so wouldn't move the master door.

Door A can clearly be moved a bit to be further from the bathroom door.

If you are altering the en suite I would actually make it bigger, if the wardrobes and the ensuite are at that end of the room and the bed at the other end the bed will have lots of space around it. Again the en suite is quite compact relative to the size of the bedroom, unless you are planing a sitting area in the bedroom you will just have lots of dead space. Depending on your family I assume that the en suite will be used all the time so it seems a shame for it to be smaller than the bathroom.

Edited by AliG

2 hours ago, AliG said:

Considering the shape of the master bedroom there, would you not be better to put fitted wardrobes along one end rather than the side, you are going to end up with a very long narrow room if you put them all down one side. In fact I would say uncomfortably narrow which is a shame for such a large room, you would reduce the width to only 2.7-2.8m.

I personally like when a door doesn't swing onto the room so wouldn't move the master door.

Door A can clearly be moved a bit to be further from the bathroom door.

If you are altering the en suite I would actually make it bigger, if the wardrobes and the ensuite are at that end of the room and the bed at the other end the bed will have lots of space around it. Again the en suite is quite compact relative to the size of the bedroom, unless you are planing a sitting area in the bedroom you will just have lots of dead space. Depending on your family I assume that the en suite will be used all the time so it seems a shame for it to be smaller than the bathroom.

Lol

you're a little late to the party :.)

physical commitment of structures has happened :-) !!

11 hours ago, AliG said:

Ah I wasn't sure as you were talking about moving the ensuite door. I would still have the wardrobe along an end wall. It doesn't sound like you have started that yet.

:-)

No not started that bit yet.

I still might move the ensuite door or make it a pocket door; depends on how all the ensuite furniture 'sits' with the space.

Cheers