Heating the radiators without turning on the UFH pump and valve, just a dream for the future? Running Tado!

Bosi

Good Morning.

I have upstairs Radiators with Tado valves and downstairs 1 Radiator and a new UFH with just one zone.  
Recently I got installed an electric valve to the UFH and the smart connection fromTado. 

Although Tado states that I would need a wiredTado Thermostat for the UFH my electrician wired everything into the Tado Wireless receiver and replaced the Worcester Bosh control. 

When I now turn on the Tado Radiator valves it works as far as the heating turns on and off when needed, but they always turn on as well the UFH pump and switch, which I would hope would just turn on when requested via the Tado Temperature Sensor for the UFH ( which is now used wireless)

I thought it would be possible to have the UFH pump and valve just on when I need the UFH? Could anyone direct me and my electrician in the right way possible?

My electrician just sent me this morning the idea that he thinks it could work with a UFH4, a 4 pole relay with 2xNO&2xNC contacts?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Greetings

Manni
Edited by Bosi
tags

Hi.

Thank you for your reply.

I don't have a drawing, but I know that I could turn off the UFH by itself manually and the other radiators worked well, so it can be isolated.

I can get a picture of the connection to the Tado control, but wonder if this is actually helpful? Especially as the electrician did not know the tado system so I believe he just connected it so it works in general.

Is there someone who has a Tado system maybe too with an underfloor heating who can separate it.

I would have thought that this is just a normal thing to do? Who wants his underfloor heating going on in Summer, just because the radiator in the shower need to go on?

Thank you in advance for your help again.

Hasty reply,  I may have missed what you are actually trying to do. but if it helps :-

I have Heatmiser UFH downstairs and running seperatly Evo Home running the Rads and DWH upstairs. I can operate both at the same time or  independently and under there own schedules.

FLY

Edited by Fly100

It's been set up sympathetically, to stop the boiler short cycling perhaps? If you split this to run the UFH independently then the boiler will have to modulate a lot to match the lower heat demand. It's a double-edged sword, so consider if you actually need to create this divisibility before you open a can of worms.

On 15/12/2022 at 17:38, Nickfromwales said:

It's been set up sympathetically, to stop the boiler short cycling perhaps? If you split this to run the UFH independently then the boiler will have to modulate a lot to match the lower heat demand. It's a double-edged sword, so consider if you actually need to create this divisibility before you open a can of worms.

Good Morning. 

I don't know about the cycling break, but I believe that he has connected it as it was shown in a manual. Which unfortunately makes the underfloor running every time any radiator will need heat. 

What do you mean by double edged-sword? Before the UFH the boiler was delivering the heat to single radiators as well when needed, just new is the UFH and I don't want this on when it is down warm enough but upstairs will need a bit more heat  :)   Happy with the UFH, as it keeps the heat very long, but don't need a sauna downstairs either :)))

Thank you for your thoughts

On 15/12/2022 at 09:12, Fly100 said:

Hasty reply,  I may have missed what you are actually trying to do. but if it helps :-

I have Heatmiser UFH downstairs and running separately Evo Home running the Rads and DWH upstairs. I can operate both at the same time or  independently and under there own schedules.

FLY

That is exactly what I want to reach, to run the UFH independently from the other radiators, so every radiator and the UFH can be turned of and on separately.

So a UFH , maybe like the UH4 from Heatmiser might be a solution to reach this, right?