Is this correct?

Jonh-000

I’m trying to calculate an estimate of how much the build of a 3 bedroom, 300 square meters, home would cost. I excluded the cost of land since it varies greatly depending on the location. My dream home would look like this: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ba/78/59/ba7859ff2a4379a61ee51cc2b2c8b663--townhouse-exterior-modern-townhouse.jpg

1. Electricity/telephone: £10,000
  2. Water/sewers: £5,000
  3. Drainage: £10,000
  4. Gas: £3,000
  5. Foundation: 300 square meters*£150= £45,000
  6. Columns: 300 square meters= 40 columns*£400= £16,000
  7. Cladding: £5,000
  8. Bricks: £1,000
  9. Blocks: £10,000
  10. Plastering: £5,000
  11. Flooring: 300*£12= £5,000
  12. Electricity: £10,000
  13. Plumbing: £20,000
  14. Heating: £5,000
  15. Carpentry: £5,000
  16. Tiling: £3,000
  17. Roof: £5,000

Total: £160,000

Is this correct? Have I calculated some of the costs wrong? Have I missed any other major costs?

Edited by Jonh-000
Grammar

You’re miles out I’m afraid even if you were doing all the labour yourself and plus your costs are a bit all over the place. There are no costs for windows or a kitchen/util room for example. What about MVHR? 

There are plenty of posts on here about build costs so have a search.

Right now build costs have probably never been higher for certain materials albeit some material costs are reducing. If you went with £2500/myou would be in a better ballpark figure but there are so many variables. 

Edited by Kelvin

10 minutes ago, Kelvin said:

You’re miles out I’m afraid even if you were doing all the labour yourself and plus your costs are a bit all over the place. There are no costs for windows or a kitchen/util room for example. What about MVHR? 

There are plenty of posts on here about build costs so have a search.

Right now build costs have probably never been higher for certain materials albeit some material costs are reducing. If you went with £2500/myou would be in a better ballpark figure but there are so many variables. 

Could you link me to a post with build costs please?

Edited by Jonh-000

You would be doing exceptionally well to self build for £1000 per square metre.  That would put your build cost at £300,000  We just got under £1000 psm finishing a couple of years ago and doing 5 years of a mostly DIY build.

Most are now saying with the price rises since then that you would do well to achieve £2000 per square metre, I will let you do the maths on that figure.

I’m afraid you are miles out really. There was a thread a while back which was ballpark costs for a 300m2 build which I shared a lot of breakdown of our costs on:

We are just getting watertight and are roughly coming in on the original budget - so our original was £1650 per sqm which is managed by a primary contractor so we are doing really well! We secured all prices beginning of year and it’d probably be nearer 2k per sqm now. Which is still reasonable. And ours is a square chocolate box brick and block, so relatively easy to build (be your aspirational pic which has more complex detailing I think)

8 minutes ago, Conor said:

Thinking the same. Ours is a 5 bed plus an office / games room and is 315m².

A three bed would be more like 180m².

Depends how you organise things. Our design is 202m2 and two bedrooms.  Upstairs was designed as two bedrooms but we’ve changed that to a bedroom and an open plan sitting/dressing area (open plan from the stairs) Downstairs there’s a guest room and shower room. There’s a study as well that could be used as a bedroom in the future.