Footprint in screed

zaarin_2003

Ok, so I put a foot onto our screed too early and it left a depression. 

Underfloor heating mats and laminate tiles are meant to go over it another day.

is it f*cked? What can I do? Or can there be a self leveller applied or something??

Edited by zaarin_2003

If there isn't a cat, dog and bird print (the Big Three) then it isn't a proper floor. 

The point about the adjacent area being high is good. The material has moved from the imprint sideways and up, so put a straight edge on it.

If high, grind down with a carborundum stone if posh, or a brick, the sooner the easier.

Then I would fill anything more than 3mm deep before the tiling. This gives it time to shrink and cure. Tile adhesive as good as anything, and really sticks, so the tiler could do it first.

I'm convinced that non-shrink adhesive does shrink, hence doing it early.

A photo of the footprint would be rather good for your ID.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Temp said:

Footprints sometimes raise the surrounding material. That's harder to deal with than the hollow. If not too late wack or scrape any raised area back down.

Thanks. I had a flat piece of wood which I ran over the depression and it seemed pretty flush to the surrounding area, so I think it’s flat. If it has raised up at all it’s not noticeable to the naked eye. So I’m hoping it won’t be an issue. The centre of the depression should be able to be filled with adhesive or something, right?