Two-block house design - comments please!

beebee

6 hours ago, beebee said:

excellent view of sea from upstairs to the south

if this is the case I think it'd be a waste to build a bungalow! as has been said it'd be cheaper to build a 2-storey house and put in a lift. that way you can enjoy the views of the sea every day for the rest of your lives while sipping a beverage of your choice from some form of sun terrace. 🙂  

On 02/12/2022 at 07:23, Conor said:

Get the design over to a sensible headed architect. I recommend Ronan at FMK eco homes.

@Conor He doesn’t seem to be registered with ARB. If he’s not registered he’s not an architect. 

5 hours ago, Iceverge said:

Can you log onto your local council website and have a gander at the recent planning applications. 

In Cork all of them are on there since 2011, I don't know about other counties. 

Find a similar sites and have a look for applications sent back for revision for being too tall. It should give you a good idea of the ridge height you're allowed. 

Broadly single story ~ 6m 

Story and a half ~ 7m

Two story ~8 m ridge heights is the code they use in Cork. 

Either way, even with 6m you can have a room upstairs. 

I had a browse and was able to find houses nearby that were granted permission recently, both two storey pitched roof, ridge heights 7.855m and 8.1m! I'll have a play around with the plans and see what I come up with.