Land grab of unregistered land

@Jon C What's the source of the map in the first post ?  It isn't the land registry map, it looks like a Planning permission map, with the red boundaries.

46 minutes ago, Ferdinand said:

On the 6ft fence, it looks to me as if a 6ft fence reducing visibility on that corner could be a threat to road safety for people / kids coming out of the side-lane.

That would be the Highways Dept at the relevant local council (here it would be County not District).

May also be worth asking for the Highways map as well from the local county, as it may be owned by them.

• Like 1

Back to my suggestion of the local councillor. Getting them interested is the first issue, but there are several neighbours involved so that helps.

Once you have their support though, it is a short cut to all the council departments, as the councillor can summon them. This helps a lot when the planners etc would rather not deal with your issue (busy, don't like disputes). 

The council depts have up to date detailed maps of ownerships, land to be kept open etc.

The other suggestions on doing your homework are important too. The more convincing your case, the better.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

Back to my suggestion of the local councillor. Getting them interested is the first issue, but there are several neighbours involved so that helps.

Once you have their support though, it is a short cut to all the council departments, as the councillor can summon them. This helps a lot when the planners etc would rather not deal with your issue (busy, don't like disputes). 

The council depts have up to date detailed maps of ownerships, land to be kept open etc.

The other suggestions on doing your homework are important too. The more convincing your case, the better.

Remember that you may have separate District and County councillors, and that in a non-unitary area Roads and Public Footpaths etc will be County.

• Like 1

On 31/10/2022 at 13:32, Blooda said:

@Jon C What's the source of the map in the first post ?  It isn't the land registry map, it looks like a Planning permission map, with the red boundaries.

May also be worth asking for the Highways map as well from the local county, as it may be owned by them.

It came from the local council, I reported it as an obstruction and they searched land registry to see who was registered keeper of that land. It’s definitely from LR as it has their logo watermarked on it.

Submitted a form ST4 to land registry. 
(statement of truth) 

describing the prescribed easement for parking and dustbin storage that has been ongoing for the previous 25 years.

Also submitted a report to the planning department to report the fence for its size, proximity to the footpath and road.

Will keep the thread updated with any updates, many thanks for all of your help and advice. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JonC said:

Submitted a form ST4 to land registry. 
(statement of truth) 

describing the prescribed easement for parking and dustbin storage that has been ongoing for the previous 25 years.

Also submitted a report to the planning department to report the fence for its size, proximity to the footpath and road.

Will keep the thread updated with any updates, many thanks for all of your help and advice. 

Good stuff - KISS.

I think you may have to prod planning again in a few weeks.

For now I would suggest a quick one para email to your Local Councillor with a copy of what you submitted. It should make it easy for them to forward to the boss in planning, which will give it some priority. Then forward a copy of your prodmail, too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...