Sageglass live

NSS

1 minute ago, SteamyTea said:

Looking into the real differences between building methods.

Do you have any permanent temperature data logging going on?

No, unfortunately not. What I did note last night was that the room temp, and that of the internal wall face, continued to rise (at least for a couple of hours or so). Presumably this is decrement delay at work.

May have been. Last evening the wind speed dropped where I am, this meant the house had lower losses through ventilation and through the external wall surfaces.

A sprinkling of rain in a wall can increase losses because of evaporation, but never worked out by how much, it is rare to get those sort of shower days here.

Am recording temperatures at a number of points internally and externally today at hourly intervals, albeit first taken at 0940, so I can build a better picture. Forecast here is for clear skies all day so should be interesting.

34 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

Sensors in the MVHR are useful as they give a mean house and external air temperature reading.

I'm using an IR sensor 'gun' and suspect that it is not the most accurate device but should at least be able to see a trend. Also recording the supply and outside temp readings from the MVHR.

Good old BBC weather forecast. At 8am the forecast for here was clear skies all day. By noon is was partly cloudy and by 2pm pretty much full cloud cover so I stopped taking readings as it wouldn't have been a useful test.

Auntie Beeb? is currently forecasting rain and near gale force winds all day tomorrow, so chances are it will be wall to wall sunshine and a gentle breeze ?

Edited by NSS
Bloody predictive text!

• 1 year later...
On 23/06/2017 at 21:02, NSS said:

Full price at the time of ordering was circa ₤1k/m2 for the rectangular IGUs and double that for the shaped ones, plus about ₤2k for the control panel, switching, etc, and another ₤2.3k for shipping and commissioning,  but I hasten to add I paid nothing like those numbers and you have also to deduct the cost of the glass that would have been supplied by Internorm. 

I am also in Hampshire (Basingstoke) and considering SageGlass. Can you let me know which glass thickness you used for fitting in Internorm frame ? Also, did your Internorm UK partner fit the glass or did you have to get glass fitted by a different company after frame is installed ? Would love to hear more details. Thanks in advance, Tim.

Hi Tim

This is the makeup of our IGUs.

4mm heat strengthened SR2.0 + 0.9mm SentryGlas® lonoplast interlayer + 2.2 mm SageGlass® coated outboard lite

15.5mm black stainless steel spacer, black silicone, black PIB, argon filled

4mm heat strengthened

15.5mm black stainless steel spacer, black silicone, black PIB, argon filled

6mm heat strengthened inboard lite

Total Thickness = 48.1mm

Glass was installed by the same crew from Ecohaus Internorm that installed the frames.

Hope that helps and feel free to ask if you have any further queries.

On 24/07/2021 at 14:38, Tim Alsop said:

I am also in Hampshire (Basingstoke) and considering SageGlass. Can you let me know which glass thickness you used for fitting in Internorm frame ? Also, did your Internorm UK partner fit the glass or did you have to get glass fitted by a different company after frame is installed ? Would love to hear more details. Thanks in advance, Tim.

Hi Tim

This is the makeup of our IGUs.

4mm heat strengthened SR2.0 + 0.9mm SentryGlas® lonoplast interlayer + 2.2 mm SageGlass® coated outboard lite

15.5mm black stainless steel spacer, black silicone, black PIB, argon filled

4mm heat strengthened

15.5mm black stainless steel spacer, black silicone, black PIB, argon filled

6mm heat strengthened inboard lite

Total Thickness = 48.1mm

Glass was installed by the same crew from Ecohaus Internorm that installed the frames.

Hope that helps and feel free to ask if you have any further queries.

NB. Posted again quoting Tim's post in case not seen. Mods, please feel free to delete previous post.