What are you most pleased about?

I filled and tested a full hot cold and heating system today, not pressure tested along the way ONCE, and only one compression joint weeping. Oh, and all copper and soldered joints. 

Luck or skill you decide, but dry as a bone............"Excellent". ?

6 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

I filled and tested a full hot cold and heating system today, not pressure tested along the way ONCE, and only one compression joint weeping. Oh, and all copper and soldered joints. 

". ?

You and me both -  I've got one joint into the manifold that I can't seal...! How many winds of tape is excessive? 

At the moment I am pleased because I received news of my local council enforcing on a landlord for letting out property with an F level EPC.

By all accounts the chap is in something of a frenzy because they seem to be looking at the entire 10+ portfolio.

Small steps but a start.

Ferdinand

• Like 1

Most pleased about this week... Think I've fixed my mower. It's a V-Twin B&S and looks like the diodes in the kill circuit have become heat sensitive. Official replacement part is £45. New diodes cost me 10p (plus postage).

Edit: Oh and I fixed the dishwasher. Bit of scale caused the heater to blow.

Edited by Temp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nickfromwales said:

That means you get out of doing the dishes, but not mowing the lawn. :D

The wife cut the lawn with the ride on yesterday. Today I asked how come she'd left the tops of the daisies intact. "Because YOU didn't sharpen the blades when I asked!"

:ph34r:

(I did load the dishwasher tonight though).