illbruck me508 on entrance door

gravelrash

43 minutes ago, gravelrash said:

Just had door fitter round to install Thiral aluminIium entrance door which I supplied  Illbruck ME508 airtight tape for. The fitter has run a mile... he says he can not install with an airtight membrane. Has anyone else had issues

Not anyone I know, and not on any of my turnkey passive clients builds……

Prob best to leave him keep running, as he prob just doesn’t understand what is required to maintain the airtight envelope. 

3 hours ago, PeterW said:

Bet he wants to put it in with 8 S’fix frame fixers and some foam and then a bit of frame sealant … dodged a bullet there ..!

There are some battles you can fight. This is one where I let the fitters do their standard install (as you describe). Hopefully some airtightness tape to the membrane on the inside will rectify the situation a little. With the scaffolding still up I’m not even convinced the doors they fitted are weather tight. 

I did all the windows myself with Illbruck Trio tape and other elements of their system. 

On 08/10/2022 at 17:13, gravelrash said:

Just had door fitter round to install Thiral aluminIium entrance door which I supplied  Illbruck ME508 airtight tape for. The fitter has run a mile... he says he can not install with an airtight membrane. Has anyone else had issues

Tell him you hope he has good running shoes.