Cool Energy - Alarm code AL114

Adam2

So, as soon as I comment that things are working well with our Cool Energy iVT-18 ASHP, I notice the control panel is showing an alarm code AL114. Not a very helpful message to describe it: "Power+ alarm:Power+ offline".

I've tried the "IT solution" turn off leave a few mins and turn on - still the same.

If anyone has seen this before or has suggestions please let me know as would be nice to try a few things before contacting them at Cool Energy as they seem not to be there at the mo.

1 hour ago, Adam2 said:

So, as soon as I comment that things are working well with our Cool Energy iVT-18 ASHP, I notice the control panel is showing an alarm code AL114

Your fault... You prodded the 'reality generator'.

Sometimes chinese firmware copies over numbers like these. Variously AL114 has meant:

• Power+ alarm:Power+ offline (Carel)
  • memory backup battery fault (Carel)
  • Probe B2 alarm (Carel)
  • room thermostat fault (Aermec)
  • Power+ alarm: Drive connection alarm (EMAUX)

Not much help I guess.

• Thanks 1

So, I used the app to change to heating only (as it was stuck on hot water cylinder priority I guess) then turned off for 15 mins. Turned on and all OK on heating and no more alarm ! 🙂 Left that for a while to get the buffer up to temp then put back to heating + hot water and after a short time it switched to hot water and seems OK. So emergency over 🙂 Will try and find the cause but if happens again I guess try the same but this is the first occurrence since installed in March - though does probably coincide with the first cooler night (8 degrees). If I find a possible cause will share on here for others 

• Thanks 1

Because the installation instructions discusses  problems when the voltage drops, we had installed the next size cable up for the distance and ampage to reduce the risk of voltage drop and installed a type C RCBO 

• Thanks 1

Power+ alarm:Power+ offline

The Power+ is the inverter/vfd that drives the compressor. It’s connected to the main Carel pCO control PCB via rs485/modbus.

This error would imply that the Power+ hasn’t powered on properly, so isn’t responding to commands from the pCO.

• Thanks 1