Connections to soil pipe

Pocster

Hi,

1) How do I connect MDPE to the main drain?. I can Tee these 2 together to make one connection. Currently just sat loose . This is for a rainwater pump.
I can dig out the main drain pipe for what ever connections are required.

2)  I’ve got a sump. Yet this 50mm flowplast connector won’t fit. What should I use ( want solvent weld ) as it’s sewage. Also need to connect to the same main drain as the MDPE pipes above.

ta !

B13CD675-B3DF-42A4-BAD5-69F25834E9C3.jpeg

Edited by pocster

Being good today; answering my own questions as you lot are rubbish

2" solvent weld pipe off the pump discharge.

Connection to 110mm soil pipe is done via a 63mm MDPE to 110mm. But this is no good!. Unadvertised though they can supply a 2" solvent weld to 110mm fitting!

Those MDPE 2 water pipe I'll Tee together . Then fit a T on the soil pipe. So sewage discharge goes on the end ( it's an end cap fitting ). MDPE goes into the side.

PERFECTION!

11 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Ahhhhh, good times :D 

Meantime, down at the ranch…..

Is the output under pressure ( pumped ) or gravity? You’d be far better off with a compression 50mm connector IMHO if it’s not pumped. Solvent weld joints don’t have any ‘give’ and can fracture / break free.

Pumped 

22 minutes ago, pocster said:

The spigot discharge pipe is 52mm solvent weld i.e no thread etc. This is the spec recommended from the sump pump manufacturer.

Do they say ABS vs PVC? Or PVC? 

I’ve fitted a few swimming pools, and the vibration / pump pressure has commanded ABS. What pressure does the pump operator at?

12 hours ago, Nickfromwales said:

Do they say ABS vs PVC? Or PVC? 

I’ve fitted a few swimming pools, and the vibration / pump pressure has commanded ABS. What pressure does the pump operator at?

UPVC class C

Pump spec is:

https://www.sumpsandpumpsdirect.co.uk/acatalog/zoeller222.pdf

Can't see any obvious mention of pressure etc.

15 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

I think I’d want a rubber coupler with say 2x stainless jubilee clips either side to do that transition. If that spigot ever shears you’re up………ahem………💩 creek. 

I’ve had jubilee clips on pumps before and over time they’ve come off . I think the movement of the pump ( jolt ) loosens them - though just as much as a weld joint . How about I solvent weld it and put that rubber coupler on ? 😁

3 hours ago, pocster said:

I’ve had jubilee clips on pumps before and over time they’ve come off . I think the movement of the pump ( jolt ) loosens them - though just as much as a weld joint . How about I solvent weld it and put that rubber coupler on ? 😁

Nope. Look for a longer section of 50mm silicone rubber hose and double up on the jubilee clips.

Make it so, No.2. 👊