Beam and block ceiling plasterboard

iMCaan

Hii

We just layed beam and block first floor.

Just wondering what would be best method to hang the plasterboards to the ceiling?

We do have ceiling clips to screw wood to and then to screw plasterboard to the wood. However, the ceiling clips seem flimsy. Is there an alternative method to hang the plasterboards to the ceiling?

Thanks

MF framing is easier and better 

You can ether hang a standard Top hat system Or a gypliner 

I prefer to use the gypliner clips rather than brackets 

Or if you don’t need or want a void You can plaster directly onto the block  and beam Old School 

Thanks @Temp

I thought the ceiling clips are placed as you place the blocks. Four ceiling clips per square meter. However, my builder hasn't done that. He says that they have to be placed after all the blocks are placed, from underneath.

Do you recall whether you placed the  ceiling clips after all the blocks (entire floor) were placed, from underneath?

thanks 

19 minutes ago, iMCaan said:

Thanks @Temp

I thought the ceiling clips are placed as you place the blocks. Four ceiling clips per square meter. However, my builder hasn't done that. He says that they have to be placed after all the blocks are placed, from underneath.

Do you recall whether you placed the  ceiling clips after all the blocks (entire floor) were placed, from underneath?

thanks 

Sorry I can't remember.

10 hours ago, iMCaan said:

Thanks @Temp

However, my builder hasn't done that. He says that they have to be placed after all the blocks are placed, from underneath.

thanks 

he's saying that because it means it will take him twice as long to fill with blocks having to put these in at the same time and on the correct centres.

10000 times easier to do from above.

offer to pay him the extra day/s time to do it.

• 1 year later...

Will the MF framing be screwed into the beam or blocks? The beam and block company has advised not to drill into the beams as that would undermine the strength of the beams.

Is the attached gyplyner clip that @nod is referring to? Does it get screwed to the block or beam?

Thank you

download.gif

Edited by iMCaan

• 4 weeks later...

I want to achieve a minimal hanging ceiling void (none if possible between concrete beam and plasterboard).

I'm considering MF but I'm still confused how metal framing is fitted to a block and beam ceiling. 

The MF ends are screwed to the wall but how is the middle supported? Is it screwed to the beam or some type of clips are used? Please can someone share some product images.

Does anyone have any picts of MF on block and beam ceiling that they can share?

Thank you

Edited by iMCaan