Oak-framed garage for sale or free

Rory_L

Hello

I am not (yet!) a self-builder, but have an oak-frame garage, complete with fully enclosed shed and log store, available. Free if you can come and take it down yourself in the next month, or a small cost (TBC) if not. Would suit someone with the skills and need for one. It's about 10 years old, and sadly we have to remove it to build something else on the site (listed property which really restricts what we can do). We are in Hertfordshire.

Happy to send pics - you'd need to lay a concrete foundation and v low wall, but otherwise it's a complete building.

Thanks

Rory

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rory_L said:

Hello

I am not (yet!) a self-builder, but have an oak-frame garage, complete with fully enclosed shed and log store, available. Free if you can come and take it down yourself in the next month, or a small cost (TBC) if not. Would suit someone with the skills and need for one. It's about 10 years old, and sadly we have to remove it to build something else on the site (listed property which really restricts what we can do). We are in Hertfordshire.

Happy to send pics - you'd need to lay a concrete foundation and v low wall, but otherwise it's a complete building.

Thanks

Rory

Kind offer 

Hi Rory. Would be interested in taking you up on your offer, I would plan to come and take it down. Dimensions/floorplan would be useful, it wouldn't make sense if I cannot fit this onto my plot. Once rebuilt I would be using the garage as storage, workshop and mess room for my build, and then as a garage once the house is done.

Hi all

Sorry for slow replies - am going to take pics and measurements this weekend, please bear with me. It may need a little patience from whoever takes it - I will need to have all the current electrics etc removed before it can be properly moved! 

The garage part is standard garage size (so tight for a modern car, more suited to a classic...) and the shed to the side is 1.5m wide and full-length, with a 1m-wide log store on side of that. Should clarify it has no garage door - so three walls and a roof but no door. Also has storage above shed accessed from garage.

Will file more - just being slow, sorry!

THanks

Rory

Hello

A few photos and some rough measurements - 

Depth of building front to rear is approx 530cm

Width excluding log store (which while an integrated part of the building can also be omitted) 430cm

Log store is then 130cm wide and 380cm deep (so not quite as deep as whole structure).

There is a ceiling on the shed/bike store part of the building, which provides v useful storage accessed from the garage.

Am attempting to find plan drawing but typically now can't find it!

I am in Berkhamsted - which is Hertfordshire near Bucks border - also not far from M25. 

Any questions please ask - and I'll do my best to get back quickly, when work/family allow!

We are having a new structure built in the place of this - we have a grade 2 listed house, plus conservation area, plus greenbelt, which means the only way we were able to extend was to use exiting footprint - so that's why the garage has had to go, sadly! There is nothing wrong with the building, only planning laws!

Thank you

Rory

11778541_IMG_3419copy2.thumb.jpeg.649e6d4a4acf342db8e9109efe6b24a4.jpeg860690127_IMG_3420copy2.thumb.jpeg.1b211c6f34a9578de3389ca049452900.jpeg1648968759_IMG_3422copy2.thumb.jpeg.7286b469ad87ee584b7d505d86e88070.jpeg