Electricity North West are a shambles - get connected early

We are coming to the end of our build and applied for an electricity connection in early June on the understanding it would take around 8 weeks.

We were given a date of over 12 weeks - not great but can work around that. The date was last Thursday and ENW subcontractors O'Connor Utilities came to site about 1.00pm. It soon transpired that they did not have any boards with them for us and our neighbours to retain access despite them being asked by ENW to take them. I told them not to start the job until they had the boards. They said that the yard was too far away to get them now. Told them I would expect to see them tomorrow.

No show Friday and ENW ring asking why I sent them away. Told them the facts and asked when they were returning to which they did not know. Monday comes and no show. Calls and emails to the manager at ENW finally gets a response yesterday stating that they have massive "delivery" problems at present with a backlog and problems with their subcontractor. If I were at the back of the queue it would be November!! 

Manager says he's got to rejig some jobs and will call me Monday hopefully with a connection date at the end of this month or early next. As we have sold our house and the new owners want to get in the pressure is certainly on!

In short get connected very early - these guys are in a shambles.

44 minutes ago, Happy Valley said:

To cover up the holes they dig so people can get out in their cars.

You mean big flat steel plates?  I have only heard them called "road plates" not boards.

I would have let them carry on and let THEM deal with how cars can cross.......

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ProDave said:

You mean big flat steel plates?  I have only heard them called "road plates" not boards.

I would have let them carry on and let THEM deal with how cars can cross.......

It's a private driveway owned by my neighbour to which we have a right of access and connection. Don't want to antagonise an already upset neighbour because of our build.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Temp said:

You can hire them.

Maybe, but only if you know in hindsight that they are not turning up with them.

You pay them a four figure sum to connect you expect them to do the job property - this is down to sheer incompetence.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...