Solar Panels Integrated within roof tiles

We are looking to install solar panels on our full new roof, so that it integrates more nicely within the roof tiles rather than sitting on top of tiles (we are having 3 large skylights, we need to order the correct size of skylight in order to leave enough space for panels in between).

Can anyone help us with the ideal thing to buy and appropriate fixings for this configuration. We need to learn how to mount them and establish the space they take up. Has anyone done this DIY or would you recommend any solar panel suppliers or installers in the South Yorkshire region for this?

Thanks!

Integrated_Solar_Panels_3-768x1024.jpeg

Get a full kit from the likes of mid summer whoesale or ITS.

The in roof trays (GSE) take a bit of figuring out to get started (location of the battens is key) but fairly straightforward. If you can do the physical install yourselves, any electrician should be able to wire the panels to the inverter etc.

• Like 2

Google and download the GSE Configurator tool - I have it here but cannot attach to the post. 

Find your panel size, then use the GSE configurator to produce a full spec/shopping list. Very good and makes it dead simple. I used it for spec'ing my in-roof system.

• Like 2