Change of site plan

Jamc

Hi I see my architect has submitted site plans to planning. 

I have noticed that the proposed house is facing the wrong direction. We discussed this in detail so I'm a bit confused as why it's not implemented as agreed. 

It's only a slight difference, but important to me, it really needs rotated maybe 30 degrees on the same location. 

Is this not reversible at this point? 

1 hour ago, Jamc said:

Hi I see my architect has submitted site plans to planning. 

I have noticed that the proposed house is facing the wrong direction. We discussed this in detail so I'm a bit confused as why it's not implemented as agreed. 

It's only a slight difference, but important to me, it really needs rotated maybe 30 degrees on the same location. 

Is this not reversible at this point? 

Yes they can add a modified site plan via the portal with a note that it corrects an issue. How long ago was the submission ..?

In a similar situation. Updated drawings submitted on the 24 June (there’s a variation form you need to fill in) Planning have acknowledged the updated drawings and said they will update the portal shortly but they still haven’t updated the planning portal. Decision is due on the 24/8.  I’m not sure if I ought to be concerned or not. On the one hand they have acknowledged that they’ve received the  updated drawings so therefore I assume that the various people in planning will work off those. On the other the last thing I want is planning to approve the wrong drawings. We’ve chased once already and they got a little shirty with me. 

1 hour ago, Kelvin said:

In a similar situation. Updated drawings submitted on the 24 June (there’s a variation form you need to fill in) Planning have acknowledged the updated drawings and said they will update the portal shortly but they still haven’t updated the planning portal. Decision is due on the 24/8.  I’m not sure if I ought to be concerned or not. On the one hand they have acknowledged that they’ve received the  updated drawings so therefore I assume that the various people in planning will work off those. On the other the last thing I want is planning to approve the wrong drawings. We’ve chased once already and they got a little shirty with me. 

In principle they should be working from the latest.

I'd check to see that your audit trail of the changes is firm, just in case they get it wrong and blame you.

It may be worth either an email or a telephone call to planning just to make sure they are doing the correct thing.

I contacted them earlier and got a very nice email back apologising for the delay. Everything is now updated and they’ve added the various consultation notifications which are all positive. More importantly I don’t need to make an education contribution! 

11 hours ago, PeterW said:

Yes they can add a modified site plan via the portal with a note that it corrects an issue. How long ago was the submission ..?

The submission was in January, it's stil being considered 

11 hours ago, ProDave said:

Did the architect not give you a final set of plans to approve before submitting?  If not very bad practice.

Yes that's it, he sent me plans to approve and I noticed they weren't how I visualised them and needed changed. He said OK he'd amend it to meet my wishes and send on (wrongly it seems) 

10 hours ago, Kelvin said:

Hi Kelvin did the new amendments have much more financial implications for you ie planning fees

51 minutes ago, Jamc said:

Hi Kelvin did the new amendments have much more financial implications for you ie planning fees

No it was free. I'm in Scotland so things might be different elsewhere. The process was simple enough. Fill an a variation form and send this and the updated drawings to planning. My changes didn't change anything to do with the design of the house or garage, it was changing the access point to the site, the driveway, and the site elevation.

9 hours ago, Kelvin said:

No it was free. I'm in Scotland so things might be different elsewhere. The process was simple enough. Fill an a variation form and send this and the updated drawings to planning. My changes didn't change anything to do with the design of the house or garage, it was changing the access point to the site, the driveway, and the site elevation.

Thanks Kelvin for your input, greatly appreciated

11 hours ago, Jamc said:

The submission was in January, it's stil being considered 

Do you know why it’s taking so long? Is there something unusual about the application? Which council is it? You can raise a complaint about the delay. 

3 hours ago, Kelvin said:

Do you know why it’s taking so long? Is there something unusual about the application? Which council is it? You can raise a complaint about the delay. 

Planner had requested an ecology report and then road service were concerned about new access to an existing agricultural field.